Sight to see-Waylons POV

I watch as Lila puts the bit in Bullets h he take it soft.

He wiggles his lip and she giggles amd kissed his nose.

He leads him over to the mounting block and getting on eithh a grunt.

I can't help but admire her.

She loves that horse she really does, and he loves her too.

She watched me staring and flashes me a joking wink.

"Like what you see?" She said with a laugh.

"Yep, yep I do." I tell her honestly, I feel my cheeks heat up and I see hers as she adjusts on Bullets bare back and clears her throat.

"Anyway, we're are we going?" She asks changing the topic.

"You'll see. Come on."

****
It's been almost an hour, I haven't ridden this trail in year but it's still here.

It's a trail that goes through a clear feild and cuts to the tree line, you die the tree like for a bit them make a trun into the woods, if you follow the trail it taked you to a open spot without any trees and a creek that runs through a couple feet deap, it's stunning at night and you can see all the stars.

But we've got to be careful if we get of the trail it's really easy to get lost.

We fianlly cut through to the tree line and follow it.

About 7 minutes in I look back and see her watching the woods with a od expression.

"Wacha looking at?" I ask her .

"Nothing i-i um thought I saw sowmthing but I guess not?" She says it like it's a question not an answer but I ignore the tone and carry on.

We fianlly cut through the trees and get to the path.

It's narrower than I remember and it's fading, I try my best to keep on track of it and keep Mena in the right spot.

I turn to check on Lila and Bullet, but my face drops and I'm horrified to see she's not there.

Maybe she got lost behing.

I stop Mena for 3o seconds and fianlly turn her around and pick our 2ay back to the turn at the tree line.

Shit.

She's not here.

I panic and trun back I walk the path back and forth twice and she isn't there.

I start screaming for her.

"DALIL!" I'm panicking she was probably picking her way through the path and got sidetracked and didn't rleize I want in front of her.

What if Bullet panics and she falls.

What if she hurts herself.

What if she gets lost.

What if I never see her again.