Parade

I sigh, it's the last day of the whole rodeo, and the parade doesn't start till noon.

It's 3 AM Keith of us could sleep so Karters on his phone and I'm just sitting here.

"I'm boreddddd." Karter says dragging out.

I turn my gaze to him.

"I wanna do something." He tells me setting his phone down on his chest.

"It's three in the morning what could you possibly want to do?" I tell him with a confused expression.

"You." He says and laughs.

"Excuse you." I tell him jokingly.

"Welllll, is that a yes or no?" He ask and I shake me head laughing.

"There are sleeping children present." I tell him pointing to the dogs on the couch.

"What if we went for a trip? Like when we got home?" He asks with a more serious face now.

"Were?" I ask him.

"Under the covers." He smirks at me.

I sit up turning to him so by backs facing off the bed.

"Yea no." I tell him.

He pretend to pouts.

"Well, we could go to like Europe?" He says withh a all to serious face.

I bust out laughing.

"Europe really! I think I'll just take you up om the sex offer!" I tell him while laughing.

He laughs as well.

"Oooh how about we get our ducks in line, and when I get my next big payment and were ready, we can find a place to go?" I ask him.

He nods and holds his arms out.

I lean in and hung hik and he wraps his arms around me.

I look uo from my stop on his chest and he's already looking down at me.

"I really like you." He says and I smile.

"I mean yea I would like me too if I were you." I say flipping my hair.

He laughs and I do along with him.

"But in all seriousness I really like you too, Karter." I say leaning uo and pressing out lips together.

I can feel him smiling and I pull away.

"Okay as much as I love this I need to get some sleep." I tell him and he just nods.

And so we sleep like that fir the remaining three and a half hours we have.

****

I wake up to my alarm at 6:30.

Karters still deap asleep so I leave him.

I get up and put on my slippers before going outside with Haze, and walking to the stable.

Some other people are awake but not many.

It's still darkish outside unlike at our house.

The air feels somewhat Dewy like it rained last night.

It's Colder out then normal too.

I hugmyself with my arms will I get in the stable.

I quickly remember that I forgot the feed and I run back to the trailer getting the bags.

I pour Bullets grain and supplements, and Lincs.

They don't really need the supplements but it's helps with general stuff.

I grab one flake of Bermuda hay from the bale I brought and put one in for each of the boys.

I give them both good morning loves and cookies and then go back.

I decided tk take Karters truck to get coffee for him and breakfast.

I run by Burger King and grab a Cofffe for hik O.J for me and  croissant sandwiches for both of us.

I drive back still tired and j run the food in before sitting on the truck tail gate with Haze and my food.

I lean against the truck bed walls and Hazes head is on my lap.

I run a hand over his smooth fur and I smile, Karyer eventually makes uo and before we know it its tike to tack up.

****

I put Bullet in blue to match him and plus I love the blue butterfly on his tack. I get Linc tacked up too but just in black, I don't need a opinionated kid giving me a color lesson about why purple sucks.

I tie to signs together and sling them over Lincs butt trying them to the saddle with the leather tasles in the back.

The sign says "pony rides" but we won't do that till later so I cover it with a blanket for now.

I have Karter at the end holding him.

I sigh as I get on and pat Bullets neck.

Today's gonna be busy.

We start and there's all sorts of chatter and music, I feel good though proud.

I know the Bullet I used to know the Bullet that first came here would have never been okay with this, he would combust into a flaking mess kf bucks and bites.

But he seems okay.

I can feel that he's a bit tence but he's working through it I ask and he lowers his head politely and he keeps it there.

I rub his neck and love on him reassuringly.

Once we get to the end I see Karter waiting eith a grin on his face.

We're not done just yet.

Off to the side is a giant fences in grass feikd with nice wood fencing and open gates, to the left od the feild is the games and boots set up that's were pony rides will be.

I go over to Karter and explain that to him.

We get to the booth that we had set up and I get behind it and undo Bullet.

I made sure we had a saddle stand so Bullet didn't have to wear if for another hour and he could get some rest before the run tonight and the little event thing.

I take the blanket off of Linc, and get him set in place I tie Bullet next to up but out of the wayish so people don't go up to him.

We begin with the pony rides and before we knownit its been an hour and a half and everything slowing down, I take the hint and as Karter starts packing up the table we borrowed and the tent, and I starts helping, soon eere finished and thankfully Karter drove over here so we load the boys and drive back.

When we get there so are the other people all getting read for the barrel race.