Yellow Ribbon

Sometime choices like these are hard.

If I love him, and then if all ends, I loose him and part of myself.

But if I don't I might just crack either way.

****

I watch as Karter tightens up the cinch and gets on.

They'll love the colors, if not they can go suck a dick.

Simple like that.

I turn around and grab the stroller with Dewy in it and put Hazes leash on, I walk/push them to the big bleachers and sit in my spot.

Haze jumps up and sits on the foot part of the bleachers and sets his front legs and head next to my thigh.

I smile at him and pick up Dewy out of the stroller.

She's not there.

Panic sets in.

I franticly check the empty stroller knowing nothings in there.

I check all the rows of seats with Haze and all under the bleacher she's not there.

20 minutes, Karter goes up in 20 minutes.

Shit.

I run to the little area where I tacked Linc up and she's isn't there.

I finally go to the trailer and search the whole thing.

After 10 minutes of checking the whole stable I hear my name on the loud speaker.

I run from my trailer again to the arena and look around.

Everything in me relaxes when I see Karter in the saddle holding Dewy.

I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I smile, at him and he gives a sympathetic one back.

I run up and Haze follows, Karters leans down, and I grab Dewy from him.

"Hey I'm about to run but somethings going on in the stables there's a crowd, go check on Bullet." He says.

"I'm sure he's fine I want to watch you." I tell him.

"I know, but it's over in his row of stalls and more the horses there are out." He tells me and I nod.

I get the stroller from the bleachers quick and put Dewy in making sure to zip up the top screen.
I run my hand through Hazes fluffy hair, and make my way, speed walking to the stalls.

I see the commotion, in front of a stall is a croud of people the spreads to another.

I see that it is in fact, Bullets.

"Whats going on here?" I ask.

Eveyone turns there heads and it goes silent.

"Is this your horses stall?" Some lady asks and I nod yes.

"Come take a look." Another man answers.

I panic a bit but go over.

A couple stalls here-including Bullets-have a conjoined door.

Bullets neighbor left there stalls door open and the conjoint door is too.

"Why's that door open?!" I say to the people hoping someone has an answer, I know that unless you pay for both stalls your rent supposed to open the conjoined door for instances like this exactly.

I look around and finally one man speaks up.

"My son wanted to pet him he thought the horses was pretty and so he opened it and the horse wasn't very friendly and so he scared my son amd he ran leaving the door open."

I'm livid "first of all why the hell haven't you told me sooner! Second off control your fucking kids, don't let them go running into random horses stalls! He has a red and yellow ribbon in his tail so you didn't even care to look at the hrose your son was trying to pet either? Control your kid sorry don't have them." I say firmly.

I get ready to go find Bulelt till I hear a sniffle, I cock me head and see a little boy about 7 or 8 sniffling with teary eyes.

I bend down amd put and hand on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault your not in trouble your dad should have known better okay?" I tell the kid and he nod with a little smile.

"Your puppies are cute" he tells me pointing to Dewy through the mesh screen.

I smile "Tell you what. I need someone to trust to watch her while I go find my pony, do you think you and your dad could watch her for a minute?" I ask knowing in g full well I'm a suckered for kids and this is a horrible idea.

"Could we dad!" The little donw asks beaming at his father

His dad nods and I stand up.

"She's chipped don't try anything." I whisper in his dad's and and turn around smiling at them and jogging away to find Bullet.

Okay she isn't chipped, but she will be okay. And he doesn't need to know that.

I look down evey aile and I still can't find him.

I make my way tor the arena to see if he's running loose therr and to my surprise he's in the arena, he's right in the middle standing with wide eyes.

I had grabbed his halter at this point and made my way to the gates of the arena.

Karter made eye contact with me and it looked like he was screaming at me internally.

I leaned up on my tippy toes.

"A little boy accidentally let him out." I tell him.

He nods okay and I tell Haze to sit and stay and he does so.

I get in the arena and close the gate.

Eveyone goes quiet.

I see the fear in Bullets eyes he's lost and scared.

He may be 7 and about 1200 lbs and 16hh but deep down he's a little kid thats just lost in Walmart.

I feel back for the guy.

I slowly get closer till he sees me his eyes soften a bit and he ears perk up.

I get within a couple feet of him-about 6-and I make a kissing noise puckering my lips together. He responds softly lowering he's head and drooping his eyes.

His nostrils stop flaring snd he step to me.

I smile and he pushed his head on my chest closing his eyes.

I sit there for a minute knwoing everyone's watching, and continuing tk his neck amd cheek.

I finally slip the lead rope around his neck not wanting to disreuos his head.

I walk him back to the gate and one of the riders opens it for me.

I smile at him and he waves. He looks very familiar but I brush it off and walk Bullet back by the leadrope around his neck amd his forehead stays pressed on my back softly the whole way.

***

What fi yalll think?????

I'll be editing sometimes today bc lord know I don't do it often enough.

And before anyone freaks out she did get Dewy from the guy (headsup)