Midnight Ride

Bullets been back for two weeks, still mo call from Korey or anyone about him.

I know she dumped him, no one just ties there horse uk and drives away.

He's back into riding and frisky but he's loosening up.

I'm so thankful and happy that she didn't ruin him.

He's tough and he's willing to work through what ever the hell happened to him.

I wake up from my day dream, as Bullet stops.

We were going out for a ride and we're in the spot I first meat Paige and her duche of a ex-owner.

I look around me and I'm stunned as I look to the feild to one side of me.

There's a line of trees that borders a forest that lays past the feild.

It's just empty land, no one owns it or lives on it. It's just there.

When i was little my grandpa told me storied about the wild horses that lived in the first and fed of the grass and ponds.

He told me their leader was a strong bay mare, that he would see her from time to time at the border of the tree line.

I squint my eyes as the blod and soon relize it's a horse.

A bayroan, I think. It's far and hard to see, but it's walking towards us and getting closer.

I sit there and wait till it's about 35 feet away.

I would have thought it was too scared to come close.

I can see faint scars marking its whole body and a small what snip of its nose that swirls off into its left nostril.

She's tall about Bullets height maybe a bit shorter, it's hard to say.

She's got a thick main that has the one small dreadlock at the far end.

She doesn't panic she doesn't spook she just watches intently.

Im too intreged to move.

Finally Bullet Letts out a loud Winnie that makes him sound like a sad colt calling to his mama.

I smile at the noise and pat the big gelding.

The mare nickers back and sticks her head out towars us.

She let's out another low Winnie and Bullet snorts back.

He takes a step in her direction and she takes om back.

Bullet takes another one closer amd the horse flings its head up high.

She panics and turns swifty loping back to the tree line letting out a long and loud neigh.

"Weird" I whispered to myself and Bullet flinched slightly at the word.

I smile down sympathetically and rub a hand uo his neck, ever sence I found him again he's super jumpy.

I feel bad for him, for evrything he's been out through.

He didn't deserve any of it, and I may not know exactly what it was but I have a pretty good idea.

****
We quickly made it back to the ranch to a unpleasant surprise, one of this year's calfs was found dead on the opposite side of the herd just with its mom.

It was tangled in barbles wire.

I don't even know how it got there but it did.

The wire got stuck around the calfs neck and not only cut it all up but choked it.

Well that was fun to deal with.

Two client horses went home and I was left with only three client horses.

"Hey." Waylon says as I step inside the house.

Haze runs up to me and wiggles his whole body.

"Whats up." I say back rubbing Haze.

"Nothing much how abiut you?"

"Well I saw this stunning Bay Roan out in the meadow today, Bullet seemed to like her." I say look up at him leaning on the counter shirtless.

Jesus Christ.

I try not to stare and nake it short before heading back to my room.

I dres in my PJs and lay in bed staring at the ceiling.

In my defense, okay Waylon isn't like a fucking body builder like guys in movies but he's definitely muscular with a toned structure.

And damn does he look good.

Again in my denfence I haven't had sex in months okay not like 3 months more like 9, okay.

Now my fault.

I've been deprived.

I'm snapped out of my daze when my phone dings.

I check to see a text from Waylon.

Waylon-Hey I'm bored wanna go for a ride?

Dalila-are you crazy it's dark.

Waylon-cmon please I'm boreddd.

Dalila-i don't want to change.

Waylon-well ride bareback, I want to show you someplace I found.

Dalila-can't you show me in the morning?

Waylon-Nope, meet me at the barn in 5.

Okay so we're doing this i guess.

I chicjke get out of bed, I really don't want to get dresses so I through on a pair of socks and vans and leave my hair down.

I walk out the door in my blue PJ pants that are a size to big and a tank top with the ranches logo on it.

Its a little cold with the breeze but I don't want to go back inside so I just continue to the barn.

The lights are already on and I see Waylon with one horse in hand and a halter in the other.

As I get closer I can see Mina only in the lights, because of her black coat.

"I tried to get Bullet but um I couldn't get tin the gate he just kept charging me." I couldn't help but burst into laughter at the sentence.

"Thats not funny!" He said his voice raising an octave.

"Okay I know it's horrible manners and well work on it but that hilarious Waylon." I tell him sobering up.

I sigh and smile and take the halter from Waylon.

We walk over to Bullets pen, its darker without the lights and the only light we do have us the moon.

"I'll show you how a real man does it." I say cockily as I slip though the wooden panels of the fence.

I'm greeted my a small winnie and Bullet trotting up.

He nudges me with his nose multiple times till I scratch his checks and neck.

He's content as he leans into its

"Sorry buddy I've for to ruin the fun." I say to Bullet slipping the halter over his nose and tying it.

*****
Well it's happening I'll give you soem acction out of Waylon and Lila next chapter!!!
Sorry if this ones a little bland I do have outer surprises but I just Ned to figure out how to get there I don't want to end this story short.

Anyways sorry if this is  horrible its like midnight so cut me some slack!

Thank you so much for 130 reads I'm so grateful you have no idea !!! I love yall!!!! Anyways good night, please vote and comment!!+