Run Home

1 week later

I pulled into The Arena, and looked for an open parking spot.

The Arena is the bar Kiara owns, her mother owned it till she died two years ago, then when Kiara turned 18 she got it.

It was a nice bar with a big arena next to it with bleachers and all the shit.

Behing the announcers box on the other side of the arena was a big trailer parking area and about 12 small horse pens, so people don't have to have there horses tied constantly before getting ready.

I looked ahead and saw she had the steers out in a big pen behind the arena.

I parked the truck and trailer and squinted as the 4 PM sun blinded me.

I finally parked and got out to see Kiara meet me st the trailer.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" She said enthusiastic.

"Hey, well I brought Bullet and Linc, to watch the barrel racing tonight. I figured if we came early I could work with them in the arena a little bit and get better parking?" I said as a question making sure it was okay with her.

She was the only person I told about me going out on Apollo again.

"Sure, I've got to get back inside but I'll see you tonight!" She said speed walking back to the bar swinging her rag over her shoulder.

I came becasue in my opinion a lot of horses work eith a money see money do thing.

And just letting them am watch can't hurt, I think it helps and I always did it the day before a run with Lily or any horses I rode or worked it.

It can't hurt.

And plus getting them warmed up eith the other horses can help horses who have never done that before get a experience before I send them home.

I open the trailer door, to see Linc with his head over Bullets neck, and his lop flipped up and a crazy look on his face.

Linc is a horse client horse. He's a cute little buckskin (that isn't so little) he's almost Bullets height, I don't know what it is with people and tall barrel horses I always preferred shorter ones for Barrels.

I giggled at Linc as I untied Bullets halter amd lead him out. He's still getting used to the trailer process, I step down amd walk out death gripping the end of his lead rope, he hunches back amd snorted then finally super mam jumps out and lands in font of me sliding past.

I can't help but bust into laughter as this huge puppy is afraid to get out of a trailer, he pulls his head up in what looks like an offended look.

I finally get myself together and tie him to the trailer, and undo Linc and tie him.

Linc is more civil getting out and I'm greathful for that.

I tack them both up and tie Bullet to the railing, no ones here yet and ik gonna tale full advantage of that.

I warm him up quickly, and walk and trott the barrel pattern.

He does good and little sketchy of the second barrel for some reason but he got over it.

I finally tie him with enough lead so he can snack on some small patch of grass.

I get on Linc, and we warm up, mid way through trotting around the arena, I spot Kiara coming out again.

I trotted over to her and Linc is very interested in her shirt.

"Soooo, I know this is like a huge long shot but a girl bailed and we have a open barrel slot if you wanna run. Where doing a short one tonight only like 20 girls?" She asked, ikna little stunned at the checking, I know Linc would be ready, but I wasn't exactly planning on this tonight.