Night out pt-1

I woke up early, fed the horses and Haze and let him out to run around, I came back inside and lokek at myself in the mirror, I had done all that in my PJs.

I sighed, and got dressed, I put on some boot cuts jeans with a wider flare not quite bell bottoms but wide, a simple light green V neck, my boots and pulled my Chocolate brown hair in two long braids, with my hat.

I checked on Haze in the yard and then went iut to the barn.

I walked right to the new horse Bullets pen, I recapped the story of Karter telling me what they had to do to catch him.

This was gonna be just fan-fucking-tistic, ugh.

I grabbed a halter and a rope, along with two back pockets full of grain.

I walked into him pen and in a blue black flash he spun around and ran right for me. I stumbled back and my back hit the rail, I froze in shock and he got closer and faster-damn this horse could run-I watch his eyes as he got closer almost in slow motion, they weren't mean. Just scared.

I sat there froze in fear and he slammed on his breaks about 6 feet infront of he, he breathed heavily his nostrils flares and he let out an ear piercing shrill.

I was breathing heavy too, but I slowed myself down and reached in my back pocket for a grain pellet.

I slowly held it iut as far as I could, he sniffed it and he breathing calmed a bit, I wat he'd as he reached his neck out and quickly grabbed it pulling his head up and tossing his head uo and down while eating it.

I laughed internally afraid it would scare him.

I fed him more grain till he wasn't afraid m of me when I walked in.

****
Over the course of three weeks I watched Bullet slowly calm, every day his eyes softened more and more, he now let me put the halter on him, as of three days ago.

I proudly leaded him around the round pen while his owner watched, she rested her arms on the rails but didn't seem interested in Bullets progress.

"Why don't you come in and lead him around?" I suggested and she looked shocked but walked in and grabbed the lead from my hand, she grabbed the lead and Bullet swung his butt around trying to avoid her. She scoffed and perked his head her way, I watch and quickly ran uo "ok that's okay that's enough, I will work on him with other people, but ma'am you have a horse with trauma, he's scared, and no matter how much training he will always remember whatever it was that happened to him, he's learned to trust me becasue I've trusted him, but in order for him to trust you, you have to meet him half way. He'll never be perfect, but he'll be alot better if maybe you stopped by maybe once a week and just fed him cookies or groomed him for a couple minutes." She looked baffled she had a 'how dare you suggest I make friends with him!' Face and it honestly kind of scare me.

"I am far to busy to stop by once a week and play pony ok, and he's I'd a perfectly fine horse he just need sto learn who's boss, you have two months Mrs.Huston, if I can't run barrels or as le as t ride him by then I'll be6 picking him up, leaving a horrible review, and just selling him at auction if I can't do anything with him." She sounded deathly serious. As she confidently walked out of the oen snd drove awake in her truck.

Jesus some nerve she has. But I liked Bullet, and I want gonna give up on him.

He was a sweet horse under all the panic.

****
(4 days later)

I walked out of the tack room, and slammed face first into a wall, I looked up to meet with Karters hazel eyes.

Jesus.

"Sweet cheese what do you want?" I said a little stunned.

"A girlfriend." He said seriously, qnd it caused me to immediately laugh.