Knee Weakening smile

I woke up that morning next to Karter, curled in a ball.

The memories for yesterday fresh in my mind.

I hate it.

I shake the thoughts and crawl out of bed, accidentally waking Karter up.

He shook his head amd ran a hand over his face.

"Good morning." He says sounding half asleep still.

"Morning." I say back to him heading for my bathroom.

I was my face and brush my hair out leaving it down.

I open the door amd take Hazr iut o the bath yard.

I walk back to my room to see Karter dresses back in his close from the night before.

He gave me a sympathetic smile, as I grabbed clothes and headed to the bathroom to change.

I change into jeans and a grey shirt with some white logo on it.

I fet out and Karters gone.

He probably went back to his workers cabin.

I walked out of my room and turn to go out the door.

I lock eyes with Waylon eating cereal.

He looks at me with sympathy, and I can't help but feel sorry, like I did soemthing wrong to aggravate him yesterday.

"Dalila, plesse just sit with me let me talk." He sound desperate, like he'd do anything, but the images flood back to my mind, I can't do that agin, next time Karter might now be there.

I inhale sharp and close my eyes opening them up after a couple seconds.

"You have to be gone by tonight." I say starting to walk off again to the door.

"Please Dalila!" He Beggs.

"Ha, not whay you were saying while pointing a gun at me yesterday? That can never happen again, my animals are everything to me especially Bullet, and it's MY job to keep them safe, and if I can't do that when your around then you can't be around." I tell him simply.

"Dalila-" I cut him off.

"It's Lila, you not aloud to call me that anymore." I deadpan, as I close the door behind me and exhale.

My grandpa always called me that and there's few other people that get to, and he is no longer one.

I smile at my courage to say that, and head to the barn.

I meet Karter in the aile of the barn and we say hi, the farrier came today and checked feet, re trimmed all the horses and two got new shoes.

I payed and he left.

I tuen when I here a truck pull up.

It's Kiara.

I run to her truck in desperate need of girl time.

She get out and hugs me tight.

"I heard about what happened." She whispered in my ear.

"Let's go for a ride?" She asks pulling away.

I nod yes.

I get out a client horse, he's a purebred TB and he just does trail riding, but she wants to start jumping with him.

I get his English, saddle on and Tighten the girth and I get an English bridal, I Tighten his nose band but keep it comfortably loose.

I changed to leggings and my nice English bootS- I used to ride English for a couple years and I do every once in a while now.

Kiara rides English too.

We get on and start our way down a diffrent path than usual.

"Hey wasn't there a could tree falls Herr? There like a foot off the ground?" She asks.

"Yep, that why we came this way, this guy's got all he needs but confidence, so we're gonna make this fun and enjoyable and he's gonna clear those jumps because I know he can and so dose he." I tell her confidently.

I know he can, I knwo it he has eveythinf he needs, all he needs is to do it.

We get to the first one it's only about ten inches off the ground and we get to a smooth canter and clear it easily, I had Kiki go first on her halflinger. He's experienced and I used to use him with thw younger horses with confidence issues.

He's great.

We clear three more and make a loop around back to the barn.

I slide out of the saddle when we stop, and I flip the reins over the tall client horses head-His name was Paxton.

He did good most the ride the third one he was a little weary but calmed down and carried on.

I was proud he's came along ways.

He'll be leaving in 4 more weeks.

I give him a small kiss on the nose amd walk him to the railing outside of the barn.

I grab his halter and tie it to his neck while I take his bridal off, I set his bridal on my shoulder and put the halter on his head tying it to the rail.

Karter appears in the barn door way, and wat he'd us for a minute, Kiara finishes for and let's her horse stand for a minute hen she goes to the restroom.

I unto Paxtons girth, and pull the stirrups up.

I take the saddle off along with the black saddle pad and I turn to Karter, "Mind putting these away for me?" I ask and he nods taking yehn and putting them in the tack room.

I smile at him and say thank you, as I hose Paxton down quick and brush his main, his owners had one big request and it is that his Mai stays braided ans gets brushed, i don't blame them he has a stunning long slowly black main that shiny against his bucksin coat.

It's hard to grow out horses mains and tale so I don't mind taking the extra time to brush and braid it.

I start with his tail and notice Karters wat hing me out of the corner of my eye, he's leaning against the barn door.

"What your jealous do I need to brush ans braid your hair too?"I ask with a intoxicating sweet tone and smile.

He smirks and let's out a small laugh.

"I think I can live without that." He answers back with his knee weakening smile.

What am I saying nope his smile is not that great get it the fuck together im delulu.