Wash pt1

!TRIGGER WARNING TALK OF DEATH AND MENTIONS OF OTHER POSSIBLE TRIGGERS OR UNCOMFORTABLE TOPICS!

☆☆☆

Some times I like to think bad things don't happen.

I like to pretend abuse isn't a thing, and murder doesn't exist.

But isn't days like these that remind me horrible things do happen.

People die, ans there's nothing you can do about it.

Today I got a call, from the hospital.

My grandpa was out getting groceries, and while loading them in the truck bed he got shot, the man was caught by some by stander who saw it.

I rushed to the hospital, only to be told he died on site.

My grandpa was 68, he lived the best life.

He did everything he wanted to and more, but that still doesn't make this any better, that doesn't make what happened okay.

****

I roll over in bed making sure I'm still consumed by the blankets.

I haven't gotten out in two days.

Kikis been stopping by but she and Damiam went on a trip to his family's house, and won't be back for a week.

So Karters been staying over.

I finally sit up, Haze perks his head up and I see and sad look in his eyes, like he knows what happened and how I feel.

I flinch and turn when I hear my door open.

Karter walks in with a sympathetic smile.

I don't even have the energy to give him one back.

I feel tears well up in my eyes.

Karter can tell too, he walks over to me and sits on the bed, no words have to be shared, he knows what to do.

He leans over and gives me a hug.

I melt into his chest, and hold back my tears.

We sat like that for a couple minutes before either decided I need to get up.

****
I tightened the cinch on Bullet, as I thought about our ride.

It had been two weeks sence my grand fathers passing, and I was better but not okay yet.

Me Kiara, Damian, Karter, some of my employees, my mother and a couple of close family members are coming eith me onna memorial ride to speed my grandfather's ashes.

I look around at the, 11 horses.

I went over my mental list to make sure we had everyone and there horses.

1. Porter, a ranch hand and his paint Killer.

2. Garret, a family member with a our bay ranch horse Ladybug.

3. My mother, and Jaz a ranch horse.

4. Karter, and his Paint Sparrow.

5. Kiara, and her halflinger Mini Man.

6. Jade, my aunt and Vincent our Big black puppy of a ranch horse.

7. McKayla, my cousin, riding Lolipop her gorgeous dapples grey horse.

8. Damian and Sally his Black mare.

9. James, a ranch hand and His Beast of a percheron wich is ironicly names Beast, even thought she's as sweet as sugar.

10. Another employee Gwendolyn, and her stunning red roan, Cherry.

And then lastly 11. Me and Bullet.

I look to the side and see, a palamino with a kindest eyes.

I can't help the smile that creeps on my face.

Willy.

My grandfather's horse.

He's 21 just going strong.

My grandpa adored him, and Willy worshiped the ground my grandpa walked on.

Willy was coming with, he was still good looking for 21 and had good weight, muscle and top line, as long as he was in shape I would being him with.

I ran to the barn quick and dug through all the bridals and finally found the one, I did the same with the saddle and saddle pads.

I came running out of the barn, the adrenaline hekd the saddke uo otherwise im pretty sure id have fallen.

I Slowed down as I neared the horses.

I speed walked to Willy, he was all brushed and clean, I gave him a bath just for this ocationa yesterday.

He's gorgeous white main and tail where braided in bags.

I undid the tail bag and main bags.

I undid his braids, and combed my fingers threw his main and tail.

I looked at the stunning curls for a minute, then put the brand new sleek dark green saddle pad on. I also hiosed my grandfather champion saddle onto him.

It was in the lighter side, but I was on the shorter side so getting it on 16.hh Willy wasnt particularly easy.

The saddle had only been used once.

When my grandpa first got it he did a lap in the arena, and the saddle pad was just a nice new one I had laying around, I didn't have a purpose to open it so I just didn't.

I gawker over the flower tooling on the saddle and the words written in the seat and on the side.

/2009-2016/WHITE RIVER RUN CHAMIOPNS/BENNET-WILLY/

The white river run is a competition we have around here.

It's a series of events that riders and horse must do together to win.

My grandfather won it 7 years in a row and won this his last run when evryone heard he was retiring they all had this made.

I smiled as I read over the tooling on the saddle.

I fianlky grabbed his fancy bridal.

He had a regular one and a completing one.

The White River Run want the only thing they competed in.

When he was little my grandpa-at the ripe age of 48 to 50-did halter shows, and eventually entered quite a few events.

They did reining, poles, western pleasure.

They did it all.

No matter how only my grandpa got, or how out of place he or Wesley felt.

I took a step back and just looked at Wesley, I coukd tell he knew what happened, I don't know how, but that little glint in his eyes just faded away.

I couldnt help the pitying smile that fell on my face.

I look him and everyone else over for a last time, I re check cinches, make sure everyone has a water bottle, and I make sure all the horses are okay.

I gather up wveyone and decide to take off.