𝙲𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝙼𝚎: 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷

"Spending time with you showed me what I've been missing in my life."

- Nicholas Sparks

4x9

Rosemary was walking down the hall and she caught up to Lexi.

"Hey"

Lexi lets out a little sigh. "I'm late for Sloan's meeting"

"Yeah, so am I"

"Also, I'm not speaking to you"

Rosemary walked into an open storage closet and grabbed Lexi's arm pulled in and brought her to the wall near the door and gently pushed her against it. Rosemary looked her in the eyes and then to her lips then back to her eyes and Lexi looked at her back. But before Lexi could say anything she was met with Rosemary's lips. Lexi kissed her back. A few seconds they pulled away.

Lexi let out another sigh. "I'm still not speaking to you"

"You don't have to speak," Rosemary said leaning to kiss her again.

"Late for Sloan," Meredith said walking by them.

Rosemary looked at Meredith and then Lexi and was about to walk away but turned back and placed her lips back onto Lexi's. Lexi kissed her back and wrapped her arms around her neck pulling her closer, Rosemary placed her hands on her hips.

-

Rosemary was walking with Lexi to where Mark is for the meeting. Lexi was in front of her.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, this is Nick Hanscomb," Mark said.

"Hi"

"Nick was lucky enough to have me remove a large carotid body tumor from his neck. The fact that I was able to get clean boundaries is pretty darn impressive, even for me"

"Congratulations," Rosemary said.

Mark looked up at her. "Don't interrupt. Now despite the fact that it was a wildly successful surgery, we had to dissect out deep lymph nodes in his neck. There is now only a delicate flap of skin between his carotid artery and the outside world. That said, what am I worried about?"

"I would think given the Friability of the skin, that there's a great possibility that the, um, the artery could blow?"

"Right"

Oh, don't worry. I've-- I've heard this before" Nick said.

"If that happens, whoever's in the room. I don't care if it's a doctor, a nurse, an orderly, your job is to stop the bleeding. Then page me, in that order. Are we clear? Any questions?"

"They look scared," Nick said.

"They're medical professionals, Nick. A healthy level of fear is encouraged"

"Okay, then. Uh, if I do die, it will have been lovely meeting you all" Nick said looking over to them.

"See? The patient is confident. You should be confident. That's it"

Rosemary was in Nick's room with Lexi. Lexi was checking his breathing and heartbeat.

"How am I doing?"

"Strong and stable" Lexi told him.

"Strong and stable-- two words that have never been used to describe me, ever," Nick said and then looked at the both of them. "You two are a pretty girl. I hope you two some think that's rude. I'm just-- I haven't been allowed to notice that kind of thing for a while and... now I'm allowed"

Rosemary chuckled a little and continued to look at what she was working on.

"You're allowed to notice our prettiness?" Lexi asked looking at him.

"Well, I'm allowed to notice, uh, other women, women other than my girlfriend. My now, uh, ex-girlfriend"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lexi said taking his temp.

"Yeah, giant neck tumors weren't her thing"

"She left you because of the tumor?" Rosemary asked taking a glance at him.

"Of course not. No. She left me because, uh, I didn't make her laugh anymore, and, uh, she had just lost that lovin' feeling"

"She left you because of the tumor. That sucks" Lexi said.

"Yep. Y-You two seeing anyone? I'm J-- I'm just making conversation. My--my artery's exposed, you know, which kind of limits my game"

"Okay, uh... yes. I am"

"Nice guy?"

"Girl, actually, and yeah she is a nice person," Lexi said.

"And yeah, I'm seeing someone also"

"Huh, nice, and if I had to take a guess, you two are seeing each other"

Rosemary nodded her head. "Yep, we are"

Lexi looked over at her for a moment and then back to Nick.

Rosemary finished what she was doing and headed out of the room.

Rosemary was walking into the storage closet when Lexi walked in and shut the door behind her.

"You know we could caught and be in trouble," Rosemary said looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

Lexi nods. "I know but it would be worth it though"

"Oh? Will it?" Rosemary asked with a smirk.

Lexi smiles and walks up to her. "Yeah it will"

Rosemary smiled and pulled her closer and acted like she was going to kiss her but didn't and moved away from her. "We should get back to work"

"You can't just do that," Lexi said with a little pout.

"Do what? I don't know what you are talking about my love"

Lexi playfully rolled her eyes. "You know exactly what I mean"

"Do I?"

"Just kiss me and stop playing dumb," Lexi said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hmm, and what if I don't?"

Lexi groaned and grabbed the front of her shirt and pulled her closer and kissed her. Rosemary kissed her back and gently backed her into a shelf.

If you have any ideas for this book feel free to give them, because i'm also open to ideas.

Edited: no

{913}