𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝙳𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

"In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine"

                                            —  Maya Angelou

5x6

Rosemary woke up to her alarm going off and she turned it off and turned over to see Lexi still asleep.

"Time to Lex" Rosemary whispered in her ear, and kissed her cheek.

Lexi sighed and turned to face her. "Do we have to get up?"

"Yes, now get up," Rosemary said and started to get out of bed.

Lexi watched her get up before getting up herself.

Rosemary made her way into the kitchen and saw Derek. She sighed and made her way to the fridge and got an apple.

Derek looked over at her. "Find a place yet?"

Rosemary glared at him and took a bite of her apple. "No," she said and walked out of the kitchen, and up to her room.

Rosemary was in the resident lounge getting her scrubs on.

"Okay, two things-- you all have a skills lab this morning. It is mandatory. Don't even think about trying to get out. Second, one of you will not have to go to the mandatory skills lab because you will be assisting me in my efforts to remove an inoperable tumor from a 10-year-old girl" Bailey told them.

"I'll do it"

"No, you won't. You have a hundred delinquent charts. You will do those after the lab"

"Slacker," Cristina said.

"How can you operate on an inoperable tumor?"

"Karev is also out"

"What did I say?" Karev asked confused.

"You doubted me"

"Oh, I-I-I-I don't doubt you, Dr. Bailey"

"Yang is out, too"

"Why?"

"You weren't supportive of a fellow resident who couldn't get his paperwork under control" Bailey said and then looked at the doll in Meredith's hand. "What is that? Grey, is that anatomy Jane?"

"Yes"

"With the 24 removable organs and the optional parts to simulate pregnancy?"

"Yes. Does that mean I'm out, too?" Meredith asked.

"No, that means you're in"

"Oh, that's not fair"

"Yes!" Meredith said happily.

"Next time, you'll know to bring in an ugly doll, won't you Stevens?"

Rosemary shook her head a little with a chuckle and walked out if the lounge.

Rosemary was now in the skills lab putting her trauma grown on and gloves and stood next to Lexi, waiting to see what they are going to be doing.

Rosemary then felt herself being moved and saw Cristina trying to hide behind her.

"What are you doing?" Rosemary asked confused.

"Shut up. Don't move"

Rosemary looked at who came in, and then smirked. "Oh, you hooked up with him"

"Hi, I'm Dr. Hunt"

Cristina glared at her and hit her in the back of the head. "Shut up" she whispered.

Rosemary rubbed the back of her head. "Ow, you didn't hit me" she said with a low voice.

"Over the next few months, I will be teaching yoy how to work quickly and efficiently to keep someone alive in circumstances where the safe bet is. They're dead by the end of the hour. Now does anyone have a problem working with live tissue?"

"Live tissue?" Cristina asked from behind Rosemary.

"I don't know" Izzie whispered.

Rosemary looked at the both of them. "Yes live tissue"

"Anyone? Speak now. In fact, leave now. If not, I owe you for the rest of the day. Good here we go" Owen said opening the curtain to reveal pigs. "Each Resident gets a pig. Interns assist. Hang on" he said and pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed each pig in the side.

Rosemary looked at Owen in shocked and like he was insane.

"Go ahead. Save their lives"

Rosemary sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"You're a monster" Izzie said.

"They're under. They didn't feel any pain. Ask the veterinarian"

"You stabbed them"

"So we can save them" Cristina said moving from behind Rosemary.

"We can practice on--on surgical mannequins. We can learn to do the exact same stuff"

"Does that mean you're out?"

"Yeah, I'm out" Izzie said, walking out.

Rosemary watched her walk out, with a shake of her head.

Rosemary was sitting in a chair watching them work on the pigs.

"You aren't going to help?" Cristina asked looking over at her.

Rosemary shook her head. "Nope, gotta take it slow still recovering from getting a kidney removed"

"And your here at work because?"

"I wanted to be"

"If I had surgery, I would want to be home" Cristina said.

"I actually like work so..."

Cristina shook her head. "If you say so"

Rosemary was in the resident lounge taking her scrubs off, and putting her other clothes back on and grabbed her stuff and walked out of the lounge.

Lexi walked up to her and grabbed her bags from her. "You don't need to be carrying to much, you know"

Rosemary looked at her. "That's not much, and I can carry my own bag, you know" she said and tried to reach for it.

Lexi shook her head and moved the bags out of her reach. "No, I'm carrying it end of discussion"

Rosemary sighed. "Fine"

Lexi gave her a quick kiss.

Edited: no

{875}