𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙱𝚢 𝙼𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏

"Being in love with somebody is a wonderful feeling"

                                           —  Shane Warne

5x10

Rosemary was in the Resident lounge with some others.

"He said Karev" Alex's Intern said as he opened the door.

"Yes!"

"Are you sure?" George asked not believing it.

"Yeah"

"You're 'sure' sure?" Izzie asked.

No one said anything for a while and then Alex's Intern left the room.

Izzie's Intern the opened the door. "Stevens! He said Stevens"

"Well, which is it, moron, Stevens or Karev?"

"This is stupid. You guys are gonna trust these Imbeciles to tell you who's getting the solo surgery?" Cristina asked.

"Is this hard for you, being banned from the solo surgery? Must be really hard for you"

"He may change his mind. He's been known to change his mind" Meredith said.

"Please don't do that. You guys go ahead and, uh, will yourselves to be voted in. Use the Secret"

Steve then walked in another Intern. "Grey! Uh, the chief said Grey"

"What? Come on. This is bogus"

"You're just figuring that out? Steve is not a lip-reader. None of the Interns are lip-readers. You just have to wait for the Attendings to vote, just like we did when I won" Bailey told them.

"You won your solo surgery?"

"I'm just gonna pretend you didn't feel the need to ask me that question, Yang. Of course, I won. I was good. I didn't cut L-vad wires... or put my hand in bomb-y body cavities or have my Interns operating on themselves. I was special... I was young, gifted, and black, and everybody knew it. The Attendings knew it. The chief knew it. I didn't have to act like I could read lips. Just go about my work calmly, and waited for my name to get called"

Lexie then came into the room panting. "Okay. It's done"

"Oh, whatever, Helen Keller"

"No, I'm serious. The chief sent me. They made their choice" Lexie said still a little out of breath.

"Who is it?"

Lexie then pointed her finger. "It's you"

-

Rosemary was standing with the others at a nurse station waiting for Richard to come up to them.

"I am happy to announce that the first solo surgery will take place tonight-- a below-the-knee amputation, bone cancer. Mr. Collinsworth in 2212"

"No Appy?" Meredith asked with a whisper.

Rosemary looked at her and shrugged her shoulders.

''Saw action. Sweet" Alex said.

"Choosing who gets the first solo surgery isn't just about who has the best surgical skills or who's logged the most hours in the O.R. It's about the highest form of trust-- the trust to put a patient's life into one of our Resident's hands and for the first time that I can recall, every single Attending picked the same person. Dr. Shepherd. However since your Interns are still banned from the O.R., Shepherd will be allowed to pick a fellow Resident to scrub in with her"

Rosemary then walked away before they started begging her to pick them, to scrub in with her, but she had a feeling about who she was going to choose.

Rosemary charting a nurse station when Lexie walked up to her.

"Hey, congratulations on getting the solo surgery"

Rosemary looked at her and smiled. "Thank you"

Lexie smiled back and stepped closer to her. "So, you free?"

Rosemary closed the chart and grabbed Lexie's hand and pulled her to the nearest on-call room and opened the door and shut the door and locked it and then gently pushed Lexie against the door. "I'm always free for you," she said and kissed her neck.

Lexie tilted her head to the side and pulled her closer.

Rosemary was scrubbing in getting ready to do the solo surgery with Meredith since that is who she choose.

"Big night, Shepherd. You ready?"

Rosemary nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm ready"

Richard nodded and went into the O.R. to watch to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Rosemary finishes getting scrubbed in and then going into the room, and gets the down on and gloves and makes her way over to the table with Meredith behind her.

"10-blade," Rosemary said and grabbed it when it was handed to her.

Rosemary got home after a long day of surgery, with Lexie right behind her.

"You know you were awesome in there"

Rosemary yawned a little. "Thank you" she said and made her way to her room.

Lexie nodded her head. "You're welcome" she said as she followed her to her room.

Once they were inside she shut the door behind them and went to her closet, to find something to wear.

"What do you want to wear?" Rosemary asked turning to at Lexie.

"What if we slept with no clothes on?" Lexie asked, taking her shirt off.

"Hmm, I like that idea" Rosemary said and went over to her door and locked it.

Edited: no

{821}