𝚁𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚄𝚙

"We are so happy to advise others that occasionally we even do it in their interest"

                                              —  Jules Renard

5x7

Rosemary was standing in the skills lab with her other same-year Residents.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce... Stan. A State-of-the-art, computerized patient simulator. Stan can educate you in airway management, trauma assessment, and care. He breathes, he pulsates, he seizes, he hemorrhages, he secrets and he speaks. Hello, Stan" Richard said.

"Hello, Doctor. I'm not feeling well"

"Stan will tell you what he needs, and he's more forgiving than most patients. You kill him, he'll keep coming back for more. So make good use of him, people" Richard said beginning to walk out of the skills lab.

"We're operating on robots now?"

"Can we please go back to pigs?" Alex asked Bailey.

"Yeah, what about people?"

"Uh, when the chief decides which one of you gets to do the first solo surgery, you'll want to be ready"

"Wait, did you just say solo surgery?"

Rosemary then sighs and runs a hand through her hair at them all talking at once.

Bailey then stops them. "I do not know what it will be. I do not know when it will be. I do know that the winner should be prepared to do any surgical procedure and will choose one Intern to scrub in. So practice your skills, impress your Attendings. And just do not make me look stupid. Uh, Grey, Stevens, you're with Hahn. Yang, Shepherd, the pit. Karev and O'Malley, you're skills lab today"

Rosemary then walked out of the skills lab and made her way to the pit with Cristina.

Rosemary walked into a trauma room with Cristina, Lexi, and some nurses and a paramedic, and Steve one of Cristina's Interns.

"Unidentified male, mid-30s, lost vitals in the field, shocked him back into sinus tach, possible fractures in both arms, unstable pelvis"

"Okay, on three. Two, three" Rosemary said helping them move the guy onto the table. "Good, go"

"Open right Tib/Fib rigid abdomen"

"What doesn't this guy have?" Cristina asked.

"Found him under a freeway overpass. Cops think someone threw him over"

"Yeah after they beat him half to death" Rosemary mumbled.

"Oh, Dr. Webber, I was just wondering, uh, regarding the solo surgery, I presume it's gonna be A, in, general surgery? I just wanted to be prepared"

"You'll know when you all know," Richard told Cristina and then went back to talking to Owen.

Then John Doe's I.V. blew.

"His I.V. blew," Lexi said.

Owen then walked up to them. "Yang, Shepherdp he needs that access now"

"Yes, I'm doing it, sir," Cristina told him.

"This will buy him some time until you get that line in," Owen said bringing something over.

"Yeah..."