𝙻𝚊𝚢 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚎

For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.

—  Harry F. Banks

4x11

Rosemary was lying down in her bed when Lexi sat up from beside her.

"Oh, what is that smell?"

Rosemary looked over at her. "Oh. That would be breakfast"

Lexi then put her hair in a ponytail. "Oh, ok"

"Breakfast," Meredith said knocking on the door.

Lexi then started to get up, but Rosemary pulled her back into bed and wrapped her arms around her stomach.

"No, let's just cuddle" Rebecca mumbled placing her head in Lexi's back.

"I have to go. She made breakfast and I'm hungry. So I'm going, we can cuddle later"

Rosemary sighs. "But I'm comfy and you're warm"

Lexi shook her head and turned to face her and pecked her lips. "Come on we need to get up anyway for work"

Rosemary sighed again but let her go, and got up from the bed, and followed Lexi out of her room and to the kitchen.

-

Rosemary walked into the kitchen and walked to the fridge and grabbed a drink.

"Dude, what the hell is that?" Alex asked looking at Derek's plate.

"Meredith cooked. She wanted to do something nice for Lexi"

"You cooked for me?" Lexi asked looking at Meredith.

"It's no big deal. Just eggs and avocado and whatever cheese that was in the fridge"

"Oh, I love, um, avocados," Lexi said taking a bite of the food.

"Is it okay?"

"Mm. Mm-hmm" Lexi nodded her head.

Rosemary was turning a corner when she saw Lexi looking for something.

"Hey, what are you looking for?"

"Epinephrine. I need Epinephrine"

"Why?" Rosemary asked standing behind her.

Lexi turned to face her, with red dots all over her face.

"Oh, shit what happened to you?" Rosemary asked, looking at her face.

"I'm an adult child of an alcoholic is what happened to me. I have boundary issues. So when Meredith made me eggs this morning, I couldn't not eat them. I had to pretend I wasn't allergic to eggs. And no I have a rash covering my entire body"

"Give me your arm," Rosemary told her, so she could give her the Epinephrine.

"I'm codependent, my throat is closing up-- Ow-- and now my arm hurts. Thanks"

Rosemary nodded with a smile and grabbed a band-aid where she gave her the Epinephrine. "You're welcome"

"And thank you for letting me crash in your room last night"

"You don't need to thank me you can crash with me anytime you want"

Lexi nods. "Okay"

"Do you want me to help you rub any cream on the rash you can't reach?"

Lexi looks at her. "You don't have to do that"

"I know but I want to"

Lexi smiles. "Okay, guess I can't stop you can I?"

"Not unless you don't want me to"

"I want you to"

"Okay," Rosemary said and grabbed some cream that would help the rash and guided her to an empty room.

Rosemary was in the O.R. helping operate on Bailey's son.

"Dr. Bailey," Meredith said as Bailey walked into the room.

"Dr. Bailey, are you kidding?"

Rosemary took a glance at Hahn and then at Bailey.

"I need to be with my son"

"Miranda--"

"I have no intention of getting in the way. I just-- I can't stand out there. I can't. I need to be with my son" Bailey pleaded with them to let her stay.

"And what we need, Dr. Bailey, is to not have our patient's mother watching us perform his surgery. Dr. Grey, please escort Dr. Bailey back outside"

Meredith then grabbed onto Bailey and tried to get her out of the room.

"No. There will be no escorting of Dr. Bailey anywhere, Dr. Grey. You can proceed" Bailey said trying to get out of Meredith's hold.

"I will not proceed until you this O.R. Now do you want me to stand here talking to you, or do you want me to try and save your baby's life?"

Bailey stared at Hahn for a good while.

"Miranda" Webber said.

"I just want to hold my son's hand. I just want to hold his hand. Please"

"I'll-- I'll hold his hand. Dr. Grey can good this retractor, right?" Rosemary asked looking to Lexi and Hahn.

"Yes," Lexi said taking the retractor.

Rosemary let go of it once Lexi had a hold on it and walked over to Bailey. "I'll hold Tuck's hand, Dr. Bailey? If It's-- If It's okay with you. I'll hold-- I'll hold his hand"

Bailey nodded her head and let Meredith pull her out of the room.

"Okay, everybody, let's get back to work"

Rosemary took off her gloves and grabbed Tuck's hand and ran her thumb on his hand looking at him. Lexi looked over at her with a smile and then looked back to the surgery.

Rosemary was still holding Tuck's hand and rubbing her thumb on his hand.

"Okay, the stomach's repaired. There's no Splenic Laceration"

"Now all I have to do is get the chest tube in, and we're done"

"That's good, Tuck. That means you're in better shape than we thought. That means you're almost outta here" Rosemary told him.

"Dr. Shepherd, would you like to do the honors?"

"I can trade places with you if you'd like," Lexi said looking over at her.

"Uh, no. I'm okay. I'm okay here"

Rosemary was walking out of the hospital when Lexi walked up to her.

"Wanna go to Joe's? Or something?"

Rosemary turned to look at her. "Sure, if you are paying," she said with a smile.

Lexi gave her a look.

Rosemary chuckled. "I'm kidding, I'll pay"

Lexi shook her head and lightly bumped her shoulder into her. "You're lucky you are cute"

"Hmm, am I now?"

Lexi nods with a smile. "Yes"

Edited: no

{970}