𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝙽𝚘 '𝙸' 𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚖

"The most valuable gifts a human can give to others are sharing and caring. Share what you have, care for whom you have"

                                                       — Unknown

5x5

Rosemary walked into the kitchen where she saw Meredith.

"Hey, morning Mer" Rosemary said.

Meredith looked at her and smiled. "Hey, morning"

"Um, there's something I'm gonna need to tell you"

"Okay, what is it?"

Rosemary sighs and runs a hand through her hair. "I'm moving out, but I don't know when and I just thought I should tell you ahead of time"

Meredith looked at her shocked and confused. "What, why? You can still live here"

"I think it is time for me to finally get my own place"

"Is this about Derek?"

Rosemary looked at her and shook her head. "No" she said lying a little.

"Rose"

"It's not about him"

Meredith sighs deciding to drop it. "Okay"

"I'm gonna get ready, for work I'll see you later"

"See you" Meredith said and watched her walk out of the kitchen.

Rosemary was walking behind Meredith while Izzie, Cristina and Bailey and Meredith we're in front of her, and Alex and their Interns we're behind them. They were following Bailey since they had no idea where they are going and Bailey wouldn't tell them.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there" Bailey said to Izzie.

"Dr. Bailey, I'm actually on Dr. Sloan's service today"

"Everyone's their services. You're all with me"

"Where are we going?" George asked walking up to them.

"You'll see when we get there" Everyone told him.

"Dr. Bailey, Dr. Sloan is doing a transplatatal advancement. I've never seen one"

"Hahn said I could scrub in on her Aortic Bypass" Meredith said.

"And I really need to get to the clinic. I've staffed it with nurses and P.A.s, but I'm the only doctor on call, and I've got administrative work to--"

"Today is not about you. It is not about whose services you wish to be on. It's not about your career. This is about me. This is a project I've been working on for a long time,  and it's very important to me, therefore it will be very important to you. And the only way we can pull this thing off is if we work together as a team, so today, you are not 16 individual doctors, you are one team surgeons representing this hospital. Is everybody clear on that?" Bailey asked and once everyone nodded she turned back around and started to walk again.

"Um, why would they need so many doctors for one surgery?" Meredith asked with a low voice.

"Because it's not just one surgery. It's 12 surgeries-- 6 kidney transplants. In six O.R.s, all at the same time. Paired matching kidney donation. A 6-way swap-- 6 people donate kidneys to total strangers, six people get kinds from total strangers. 12 people walk away happy"

"Paired matching kidney donation"

"Otherwise known as--" Cristina said but was cut off.

"Dude, a domino surgery"

Rosemary was gonna join in on doing the kidney transplant, but someone from another hospital needed one and she was a match so she decided to give it to them, because there was no other match.

So after Bailey was done talking to the others, and they walked away and she made her way over to Bailey.

"Do you need something Shepherd?"

"I know I'm supposed to be doing the kidney transplant but there is someone who needs it who are hours away and I'm match and there is no one else who is a match"

"So your saying you want to give your kidney to them?"

Rosemary nodded her head. "Yeah, I do"

Bailey sighs. "Okay, but you owe me"

Rosemary smiled. "Thank you" she said started to walk away.

Rosemary was laying down, in a hospital bed, resting after sur had her surgery to get an kidney removed.

Lexi then knocked on a door and came in. "Hi"

Rosemary looked at her and smiled. "Hey"

"How are you feeling?" Lexi asked sitting in a chair by her bed.

"I'm feeling fine a little sore but fine"

Lexi smiled. "You know, it was really nice and thoughtful of you to give your kidney ro someone"

"Well, they deserved to live and I was the only match"

Lexi kissed her head. "Do you need me to get anything for you?"

"No, but you can go home and get some sleep"

Lexi shook her head. "I'm fine I want to stay"

"Lex, you doing a kidney transplant and you need rest"

"No, I'm staying"

"Don't make me have to make Meredith or someone to drag you home"

Lexi sighed and looked at her.

"I'll be fine, nothing will happen I just got a kidney removed, nothing big"

"Fine, I'll go home" Lexi said with another sigh.

"Now go"

Edited: no

{809}