𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.”

—  H G Wells

4x4

Rosemary was walking to try and find one of her interns.

"Grey! Incoming, let's move"

Lexi looked over at Rosemary and nodded before following after her.

Rosemary was in a room with her brother Derek, Lexi, and another nurse and they were looking at a teen who got hit during a scrimmage.

"He got hit during a scrimmage"

"Are you the coach?" Derek asked.

"He's my dad"

Rosemary took off the face mask that was attached to the helmet.

"And his coach. He was charging the receiver after the kickoff. He got blocked, had his head down, couldn't see the other guy coming"

"I had my head down because the guy blocking me was holding it down"

"You could've gotten past that guy"

Rosemary rolled her eyes and glared at the man. "We need you to leave the room"

"Okay, let's cut him out of his equipment," Derek said.

"I need the saw," Rosemary said to the nurse.

Derek looked over at Lexi. "Dr. Grey. I need you to help me stabilize his neck and his head, please. It's very important, Adam, that you not move your head. I need you to keep perfectly still. Don't move. Relax" he said and placed some safety glasses on himself and Adam.

Rosemary brought the saw to Adam's helmet and slowly sawed into it, being careful not to cut him.

Rosemary was looking at Adam's scan with her brother and Lexi.

"I can't believe that kid's dad. I mean, his son is paralyzed, and the guy's still riding him"

Rosemary turned to look at her. "That's just how some parents are Lex, and there is nothing we can do about it"

"Lex? Since when have you been calling her Lex?"

Rosemary shrugs and takes a glance at her brother. "I don't since today I guess. You don't mind me calling you Lex do you?" she asked turning to look at her.

Lexi nods her head. "You can call me Lex I don't mind"

Rosemary nodded with a small smile and turned back to the scans.

"So how would you proceed, Dr. Grey?" Derek asked looking over to her.

"Oh, um... You won't be able to operate unless you realign his spine, would you?"

"Mm-hmm. And how would you do that?"

"Traction Halo?" Lexi asked unsure if she got it right.