Chapter 41

Isla's eyes flew open to see someone right in front of her, his breath flowing over her. She flinched and felt a body right behind her too. A hand on her hip tightened, and the eyes in front of her opened, groggy and bright.

"Damon," Isla whispered.

A smile curved into Damon's mouth at the sound of his name. "How are you feeling?"

Isla stretched, feeling soreness all over and the body behind her. The large mass, with warm flesh, formed the perfect fit to her back except for an erection.

"Sore," Isla said, confused, trying to pull everything together.

There was some chuckling into her hair and her neck, the tan hand on her hip relaxed.

"Galan?"

"Good morning." The nuzzling into her neck confirmed the identity of the warrior behind her.

Isla pressed herself up and looked at the two men that had sandwiched her. They were so close it was hard to imagine that she was just laying right there, squished in the valley between them. Galan's hair was down, and Damon's was messy like he went to bed with it wet. She took inventory of her own and realized that it would take time and pain to get it brushed out. Her eyes bounced around to the edges of the bed.

"Why is your bed so small?" Isla asked.

Galan laughed at Damon, "I told you."

"It's still pretty early," Damon reached up to her, "Do you want to rest a little longer."

Isla returned to the warm valley she had partially extracted herself from. Instead of looking eye to eye with Damon, she moved her head under his chin, burying her face into the skin of his neck. She felt Damon's warm solid arm wrap around her chest to her back, and his fingers roll through her hair. Galan's arm reached for her stomach, running between her and Damon, pulling her against his hips.

"Are you getting sleepy again, darlin'?" Isla felt the rumble through Galan's chest into her back and relaxed into Damon.

"She still likes the rumble of your chest." Damon continued to pet her head, "I can feel her relax when you talk."

Isla pressed her fingers against Damon's chest while he spoke, dropping her face so that her lips were lying on his sternum, trying to feel his vibrations.

"She really is perfect, isn't she?" Galan linked Damon, closing his eyes and feeling Isla.

Damon started humming a song, and Isla slipped back into unconsciousness, wondering if she should care more about the situation she was in.

She woke to a cold feeling on her back. Looking up, she saw a very naked Galan walking around the bed. Her heart was inexplicably feeling the loss of him as she followed him with her eyes.

"Galan is going to make a round, sweetheart." Damon soothed her. "He'll be back."