Chapter 48-3

Just lay still.

Consciousness returned, her breathing changed, and someone was nearby.

Her eyes opened to see the ceiling. It was large, with crown molding. A post from the bed she was on stretched up towards it.

"You're awake, precious." That nearby person's voice carried over to her. "Let me get you something to eat."

Isla pushed her tongue out to moisten her dry lips. The movement of her jaw caused an ache to radiate from her neck.

Her eyes were darting around when Jackson showed up with a glass of water and a protein bar. "I wasn't sure when you would wake up, so I made sure I had this for you." He sat on the bed next to her. "I have some crackers too, if your stomach is upset."

Isla pushed up from her elbows, and pain overcame her neck. Once she was seated, she reached up and felt torn skin. "You marked me." Her pale, stunned look clashed against the content, pleasant face in front of her. A flood of memories from the night before came back to her, and she scooted towards the headboard.

"Stop right there, Isla," Jackson ordered her. "I get that you're in shock, but you do not move away from me like that." His voice was demanding and firm.

He held a glass to her lips. "Drink this." She obliged, letting the water quench her mouth. With every swallow, pain radiated through her throat, and tears welled up in her eyes.

"I was worried it would be a little painful to eat and drink." Jackson sighed and put the water on the nightstand. He opened the protein bar and tore off a piece, putting it in her mouth. "You slept all night." He broke off another piece, waiting for her to finish chewing. "I'm glad to see that you are taking to the magic so well. It'll still hold off until the full moon, but it's surrounding you."

"How are you feeling?" Jackson put the next piece in her mouth and waited for her to chew.

"Sore," Isla was still coming to terms with her situation. "And groggy."

He looked at her expectedly.

"Alpha Jackson," she finished.

He grunted with approval. "Eat a little more, and we'll get you cleaned up."

After finishing just over half the bar, Jackson reached down and lifted her. "Did you enjoy sleeping without your restraints?"

"Yes, Alpha Jackson."

"I'm glad to hear that." He smiled as they crossed the room. "I don't think we'll need them anymore. You're changing already. You always tried to relax into me before, but I could tell it was strained. Now, it's more natural." He walked into the bathroom and went through the familiar maneuvering to the shower stall. "As my magic builds up around you, you'll become more attached to me and me to you. We won't need to worry about you stressing about escaping."

Jackson had undressed and turned on the water, rinsing Isla down, especially her neck. She saw the blood that ran off her and across the tile. Sprinkles of dry blood and diluted blood swirled together before escaping the room through the drain. Although it burned when he sprayed her neck, the pain deep in her muscles was much worse.

He dragged a finger over the front of her slit. "It's getting time for us to be together, and you are going to be shaved bare for me." Just when Isla thought there was nothing left for him to take, he took more. Jackson grabbed a razor and shaving cream. "Waxing is better, but given our current situation, this will have to do." He lifted her leg onto the teak stool, giving him full access to her. The razor removed all her hair from her pubic area to her dark hole. After he was satisfied, he shaved her legs and underarms. "That's nice." Jackson looked down at her longingly.