Chapter 47-1

Damon's footsteps across his front porch, a familiar sound to him, fell on numb ears. The squeak of his door opening and the steps he took through the house were also lost on him. He stood in the spot where just a few days before, he had been inspected by Isla, searching for the quickly disappearing memories of their time together. He closed his eyes, remembering her circling him. When he opened them, the emptiness of the room penetrated his chest. She was gone.

Once in the bathroom, he reached under his sink, grabbing a gallon water jug. His body was weak, and his mind fuzzy. His emotions that had been pent up were starting to leak out. When Jax sent him home, he knew it was for the best. Alpha Alec was conscious, and any wrong move by Damon could incur the wrath of an outraged alpha. His tracking skills were not helpful this long after she was taken, and he was a liability.

On his knees in the shower, he opened the eight-point-three pound container and lifted it, pouring the liquid over his head. Her moon-surged arousal and essence, heavily diluted in her bathwater, fell over him. Helping to quench a fire that had been steadily increasing in Damon since Alec picked her up and had exploded when she was taken.

His own strong scent, of sweat and stress, washed away with hers. He was coated, the water falling through his hair, down his face and neck. It rushed over his shoulders, cascaded down his back and chest before splashing across his thighs. The strings of liquid, and her scent, wrapping under his thighs and fell to the tile floor.

He opened his eyes, watching the remnants drip from his eyebrows. His hands rested on his legs before bringing them up to run over his face and through his hair. It wasn't a genuine calm that fell over him. It was a reprieve. She was taken twenty-four hours ago, and they were nowhere close to discovering her.