Chapter 50-3

"The last of them, the ones locked in the mechanical room in the basement, they've been neutralized?" Alec asked Jax. It had taken until the early morning hours for every wolf on the property to be killed. Alec would leave no one alive.

"Yes, Alpha Alec," Jax responded. "We're currently going through the office and his records. We will find the extent of this treason."

They were walking towards an SUV that would take Alec to the Northern Territory. His self-control was falling apart. She was there and stable, but he knew he needed to stay here until every last one of them was dead. Otherwise, he would never really leave this place. He needed to close this out and not look back.

"Beta Kelvin is preventing families from leaving. He's locked up a few in the cells." Jax informed Alec as he got into the back seat. "The last update is that she's doing better but still has a long way to go. She isn't conscious yet but should be in the next couple of days."

Alec grunted as he closed the door, leaving his gamma to finish. The following two hours represented the distance that had been between him and her for the last three weeks. Guilt covered his heart and squeezed. She had been so close.

Jackson had used an abandoned packhouse of the Killians. No one knew it still existed except those that were there. He had funneled the money delegated to demolishing it into fixing up part of it. Half of it was still in ruins, but the half he was using was in good condition. He was responsible for that project, and no one thought about stopping by to see that it was actually torn down. Why would they?

If it wasn't for Nikki overhearing a conversation on the playground, they would never have known about it. Although Jax was always suspicious of Jackson, there hadn't been enough evidence to seriously consider him until then. They had tried to follow him when he would leave the territory, but he always found a way to ditch them. The last time he left, they had gotten close, but he saw the team and confronted them. They weren't able to continue to follow after that.

Alec was suspicious of the note with the floorplan of where Isla was kept when Jackson was there and where she was held when he was gone. However, it checked out with what they knew about Jackson and the old floorplan.

Damon believed the note came from Alex. Alec considered the likelihood of it coming from someone else and knew it could only be from his cousin. "Safer to take when Jackson is gone," was written at the bottom.

But Alex was there, next to the cell, when Damon arrived. Would Alex sacrifice himself to save her when he gave up everything to have her taken?

It didn't matter. Alex was destined to be killed when he betrayed the pack. He only survived the first encounter because Alec's team was outmatched, and they already had Isla back. The one chance he had to live was to immediately become a rogue and run away. Or if Jackson had won and become alpha.

They pulled up to the hospital, and Alec jumped out, walking swiftly towards the doors. Once he pushed them open, a receptionist recognized him and jumped up. "Don't wake the doctor," He commanded her. "He needs to sleep and take care of her, not pacify me." The receptionist nodded, surprised at the intensity of his alpha command. Having never had it directed at her, she was overwhelmed. Her chest tightened, and her eyes watered.

Without being asked and with her voice wavering, "Room 313."

Alec nodded and walked off.

He approached the door to her room and gave off a wave to alert Damon and the guards to his presence. He was going to charge in, and the warriors are so wound up, they might respond poorly to a surprise. A team was outside her room but only Damon inside, sitting in the dark.