Pranks

Bucky stormed out of his room and across the hall to your door. He was fuming. All he wanted after his workout was a shower, but instead he got blasted in the face with some type of pink powder as soon as he walked into his bathroom. He didn't have to guess who had set it up.

"Open the damn door, Y/n!" He yelled as he pounded on your door.

He wasn't going to stop until you opened it.

"Geez, okay! Will you stop banging on my door?" You yelled as you opened your door.

"What the hell is your problem?!" Bucky hissed and motioned to his bare upper body that was stained pink.

You stifled a chuckle and tried to look at him with a serious expression on your face.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Bucky."

"You don't know what I'm talking about?" He asked incredulously. "You did this. You know damn well what I'm talking about, Y/n."

"I did no such thing, James. I'm appalled that you think I'd stoop so low." You bit down on your lower lip to keep from smiling at him

Bucky's fists clenched by his side and his lips pressed into a hard line. The two of you had been at each other's throats from the moment you met. Bucky thought you were annoying and you thought he was too uptight. You tried being nice when you first met him, but he just scowled and walked off without so much as a hello. You gave him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he had a bad day. You tried again the next time you saw him, but it was the same thing. After a few more tries, you realized that Bucky was just a crotchety asshole, so you adjusted your attitude accordingly.

The first time you had pranked Bucky was after he told you that your voice made him want to stab himself in the ears. Instead of yelling, you went out and bought two air horns. You snuck up behind him and blew them right into his ears. After that he didn't have to worry about hearing your voice. Actually, he didn't have to worry about hearing anything for a few days afterwards.

Bucky had never retaliated against you. He'd get mad and yell, but he never tried to get even with you. It confused you a little bit because he always seemed like the type to have a reactive response. You expected pay back, but he'd just stomp off as he grumbled about how childish you were. It drove you crazy because you wanted a response other than him screaming at you and then running off.

"You are such a brat! I don't know why Tony and Steve keep you on the team."

"I'm only a bitch to you, Bucky. The others treat me like a person, not a hindrance. Maybe if you tried being nice, I wouldn't feel the need to aggravate you so much."

"Keep dreaming, princess. There's no way that's going to happen. Leave me the hell alone, Y/n."

Bucky turned around and walked back into his room, slamming his door behind him. You huffed and slammed your own door. You fell down on your bed and started thinking about your next prank.

~

"She's getting on my last damn nerve! I can't take it much longer." Bucky said as he walked downstairs to the kitchen with Steve.

"I keep telling you to sit down and talk to her." Steve shrugged his shoulders.

"About what? I haven't done anything to her. She's the one pulling all these stupid pranks on me!"

"Bucky, she tried being nice when she first met you, but you were your usual grumpy self. Y/n's just giving you the same energy you're giving her."

"Are you seriously siding with her?" Bucky scoffed.