F#%K You

Glaring and plotting a murder. It seemed like those were the only things you did lately, but only when you were with your boyfriend. Chase was across the room with his arm slung over some girl's shoulder while they flirted. Her pink and purple hair was faded badly and her black roots were showing by at least an inch. She was dressed in what could only be described as lingerie, because it sure as hell didn't resemble a dress, and her makeup was so overdone that you suspected that she'd have to chisel it off when she got home. It really seemed that he didn't care who he stuck his dick in, which just served to piss you off more because what did that say about you?

Chase's blatant disrespect for you and your relationship was the final straw. Tonight you'd be a single woman again and you'd be a hell of a lot happier than you had been in the last four months. Tonight was only the second time he'd met your teammates. The first meeting from a few weeks ago didn't go well because Chase decided it'd be a good idea to try hitting on Nat and Wanda. That should've been the night you broke up with him, but you stupidly gave him another chance.

The team hated Chase, but they decided to give him one last chance for your sake. However, he was making just as poor an impression this time as he did before. Tony usually flitted around his parties as he talked and drank with his guests, but you'd caught him staring at you soon to be ex-boyfriend with disgust. Nat and Wanda were glaring at him as were Steve, Sam, and Thor. Clint and Bruce just kept shooting you empathetic smiles.

The only thing you were thankful for is that your best friend, Bucky, never came to Tony's parties. He was the most important person in your life, so naturally you introduced Chase to him once you made things official. You weren't ready for him to meet the whole team, but Bucky was different. His opinion mattered to you.

Needless to say, Chase was on his best behavior when he met Bucky. For some reason, Bucky didn't like Chase, but the only thing he did was warn you to be careful. Chase was the perfect boyfriend for a couple months and then you started to notice that it was all fake. He flirted with other women in front of you, checked them out openly, and just prior to the party you'd found a dating profile he'd made a month ago.

As you stewed in your simmering rage, you felt the cushion dip beside you and an arm laid across the back of the couch. You knew who it was from the smell of their cologne, but your shock at his appearance was washed away by another swell of anger when you saw Chase grab the ass of the woman he was hanging all over.

"Why do you look like you're about to commit a murder, doll?" Bucky asked.

"That's because I am, Buck." You seethed.

"Need help hiding the body?" The amusement in his voice calmed your anger a fraction and you turned to face him.

"Ya know, that's one reason I love you. You don't ask questions and you offer to help even when you know we'd be committing a felony."

"That's because you're my girl, doll. Gotta make sure you're taken care of." Bucky smiled genuinely and you felt your heart stutter.

Bucky had been your best friend since you came to the compound. You bonded over your dark humor and love of picking on Sam. He said you were the first person to make him feel like less of a trauma riddled freak and more like a normal man. After coming to the realization that what he did as the Winter Soldier wasn't his fault, all Bucky ever wanted was a little bit of normalcy and you were glad to provide that to him.

Recently, though, you had begun to see Bucky in a different light. The way he'd place his arm over your shoulder or hug you made you feel warm and safe. You found yourself getting lost in his sparkling, blue eyes and the sly smirk he seemed to always wear. Not to mention the way he always had your back no matter what the situation. You found yourself feeling things for Bucky that wasn't normal between two friends.