Broken Promises Pt. 3

Two weeks had passed since your conversation with Bucky on the shore of the lake. It'd been two weeks of pure hell as you avoided Bucky as best as possible. Thanks to your parents, Nat, and Wanda, you were able to stay out of his way for the most part. On the rare occasion that you found yourself in the same room with him, he didn't have a chance to talk to you. Autumn always appeared and threw herself at him.

The first time it happened, Autumn ran up to Bucky, threw her arms around his neck, and kissed him square on the lips. You made a quick exit, refusing to stay and watch as she kissed the lips that were once yours. You hoped that was the only time you'd have to see her lips on his, but she made sure to do it every time you were around Bucky. Then there were her comments whenever you were in her vicinity. She acted as if she didn't know you were within earshot, but you knew better.

Autumn was a mean girl. You knew what she was doing anytime she loudly talked to other agents about her time with Bucky. She'd tell them how sweet he was to her and how he'd made her feel so special and safe whenever they were together. The last straw was when she was in the common area with another female agent. You locked eyes with Autumn as you entered the room and she just smirked. You moved into the kitchen to grab a snack and that's when Autumn began speaking.

"Oh my God, did I tell you what Bucky said to me the other night when we were lying in bed?" Autumn exclaimed loudly to the other agent.

You wished more than anything that you had noise cancelling headphones on. Even more extreme, you prayed that a piece of plaster from the ceiling would fall on Autumn and crush her before she could finish her story. Unfortunately, the universe ignored your silent pleas.

"He told me that he's falling in love with me!" She squealed.

Your shredded heart squeezed a little tighter and you grabbed at your chest to try and ease the pain. You slammed the refrigerator door hard enough that the contents rattled ominously inside. You turned sharply on your heel and left the kitchen. Autumn caught the murderous look on your face and had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from grinning deviously at you. Instead, she let her mouth form a perfect o and her eyes widened in faux surprise.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were still in the kitchen. I didn't mean for you to hear that."

"Sure you didn't, little red. Let me give you some advice, bitch. If I were you, I'd take it."

You walked slowly towards the couch, prowling as if you were getting ready to pounce on Autumn and rip her throat open. You leaned down until your face was level with hers and your hand was resting on the arm of the couch. Autumn pressed herself into the couch to place a bit of space between the two of you. You smirked at the scared look in her eyes before you spoke.

"You can stop with the act. Every action and every word is precise and calculated. I know what you're doing and I'm done playing nice. Quit trying to piss me off by throwing yourself at Bucky or talking about how great he is to you. I thought I made it clear that I'm done with him, but I can see you aren't all that smart, so I'll just tell you straight up. He's all yours. Now back the fuck off or I'll make sure you never bother me again."

Autumn took in a shaky breath, but didn't let her eyes stray from yours as you stood up. You gave her a pointed glare and then left her sitting there with the other agent. Instead of letting Autumn's blatant disrespect go, you searched the compound until you found Bucky in one of the meeting rooms with Steve and your dad. The men stared at you as you flung the door open and angrily stalked into the room.

"We need to talk, Barnes."

Y/n, what's wrong?" Tony asked.

"Not now, Dad. This is between me and Bucky."