Reunited Pt. 2

Bucky texted you almost immediately after you got home asking if you wanted to grab breakfast and then see where the day took you. He was hoping that he didn't seem too eager, but the truth was that the minute he sat eyes on you, all the feelings he had for you as a teenager came rushing back. A few hours wasn't enough. He wanted to spend as much of the day with you as he could.

He was nervous as his finger pressed the send button. When the familiar beep of an incoming message chimed on his phone, he was almost afraid to see your response. He gave himself a quick pep talk and clicked on your message. A smile spread across his face as he saw your reply.

Sunshine: Only if you take me to the diner on the corner. You know I have an unhealthy obsession with their pancakes.

Bucky: Uh, where else would I take you? I haven't forgotten how fast you can plow through a stack of their banana pancakes.

Sunshine: Gee, that makes me sound like a real lady.

Bucky: I think it's endearing. Besides, you look cute with syrup smeared across your lips.

An image of you floated into Bucky's head. It was from the day before you left for college. You were sitting across from him at the diner. You had just finished your pancakes and you had a dab of syrup left on your bottom lip. He was so close to leaning across the table and kissing you that day. He could still remember thinking about how the syrup would make your lips taste even sweeter. His phone beeped again and he pulled himself from the thought of his lips on yours.

Sunshine: Still makes me sound like I'm some kind of heathen who's never seen food before.

Bucky: Trust me, it's adorable. Get some sleep, sunshine. I'll be at your door by nine.

Sunshine: See you then, Bucky.

Bucky placed his phone on the nightstand and laid back on his bed with his arms folded beneath his head. He knew he was smiling like an idiot, but he didn't care. After five long years you were finally back in his orbit and he wasn't letting you get away again. Bucky closed his eyes and was drifting off, his smile still firmly in place, when he heard his phone beep again.

Sunshine: I really did miss you. I'm happy I have you back.

Bucky: Get used to it. I'm not going anywhere, sunshine.

~

You woke up early the next morning after only a few hours of sleep. You were so excited to spend the day with Bucky that you had difficulty sleeping. You showered and dressed in record time and then applied a bit of makeup in time for a knock on your door. You hurried down the hallway in time to see Steve opening the door. You rushed past Steve and out the door, not wanting to be questioned by your dad, then grabbed Bucky's hand in yours to pull him down the hallway.

"Hi Dad. Bye Dad." You yelled as you propelled the both of you out of Steve's sight.

"What was that about?" Bucky asked once the two of you were on the sidewalk.

"Dad isn't your biggest fan."

"Why not? I'm pretty awesome." Bucky scoffed.

"He's always thought you were going to corrupt his little princess and turn her into some sex fiend. Then the moment you get bored of me, you'd drop me for the next girl." You giggled.

"Steve doesn't have to worry about that."

Your heart dropped at his words. Until you saw him again, you had forgotten how strong your feelings for Bucky had been. Hearing him all but say he wasn't interested in you sent a pain straight through you.