Broken Promises Pt. 2

Blinding rage mixed with bitter despair spurned you on as you navigated the halls to your room. The hopes and dreams you had a mere hour ago were now just jagged shards stabbing through your heart. Once you reach your room, you locked the door behind you and flung yourself onto the bed. Your eyes squeezed shut as the image of Bucky laughing and holding the redhead close assaulted your mind. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get rid of the image. image.

Your eyes began to water, which pissed you off even more. You didn't want to cry. You wanted to hit something. To destroy something just the way that Bucky had destroyed you. You swiped at your eyes angrily and pushed yourself up to a sitting position. Hiding in your room wasn't going to change the fact that Bucky had moved on. It wasn't going to make your heart break any less. You had three years to make up for and you couldn't let what happened with Bucky take any more time away from you.

As much as losing him hurt, you had other things to live for now. If your time in captivity had taught you anything, it was that you needed to live your life while you had the chance. Wallowing in the darkness of your room was useless. Bucky and his new girl could go fuck themselves. You had better ways to spend your time.

You stood from your bed and walked into the attached bathroom to wash your face. Once you were done, you left your room and made your way back to the common room. As you got closer, you could hear raised voices. The voices were easy to identify, but it didn't matter why they were arguing. You just wanted to go to dinner with your parents and catch up on everything you'd missed. However, you were curious about the conversation, so you hung back and listened for a moment from the hallway.

"How the hell is she alive?" Bucky asked.

"It doesn't matter how. All that matters is that she is alive. Not that you give a shit, though, right?" Tony said harshly.

"You know that isn't true, Tony."

"Do I? You've been getting awfully close to Autumn lately."

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about." Bucky countered.

"All I know is that my daughter is in love with you. God knows why, but she is. Then there's you. Saying you love her, but strutting around the compound with another woman on your arm."

Tony's tone was laced with venom. Your dad and Bucky both had a temper, and you knew that things were going to escalate quickly if you didn't intervene. You took a deep breath and then swung around the door frame and called out to your dad. You made sure that your eyes never strayed to Bucky.

"Dad, let it go. I'm fine." You smiled softly at him.

"Doll, can we talk?" Bucky took a step towards you, but you held your hand up while still avoiding looking at your dad.

"Do you think we could go to dinner, Dad? You, me, and mom?" You said, ignoring Bucky's question.

"Of course, honey. We can go now if you want." Tony stepped up to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

He turned you towards the door and held his hand out for Pepper to take.

"Y/n, please." Bucky pleaded from behind you.

Your dad squeezed your shoulder reassuringly and continued walking you out of the room.

"Thanks, Dad. The compound is feeling a little suffocating at the moment." You said loud enough for Bucky to hear.

~

Bucky watched you walk out of the room with your parents and away from him without a second glance in his direction. Walking into the compound and seeing you standing there was like a dream. He'd wished for it so many times, but thought it was impossible. After the incident where he'd thought you died, Bucky was inconsolable.