十三

I looked around, scared now. Why did I have to run away...in the middle of the night?! I glanced around and decided to keep walking. After a while, I saw a carriage. "W-wait! Can I please have a ride?" I questioned. The person looks at me and smiles. "Of course mademoiselle."

I smile, as he opens the door for me to get in. I quickly got in, and closed the door. "So, what would a mademoiselle like you be here?" He questions, sounding curious. "Uhm...I was trying to run away from someone who kidnapped me. He pauses, taking the information in.

I just sit there, as he processes the information. "So you are like...a runaway princess?" He asks. I flinched, as he said princess. A princess...that caused my family pain. "Yeah. I guess so." I said, sniffling. He sensed my discomfort and changed the subject.

"So, Uhm...how was Uhm ...your midnight stroll?" I laughed at his attempt to change the subject. Suddenly, he asks a weird question. "Do you know what would happen to a naive girl who runs into the middle of the forest?" He asks.

I flinch at the sudden change of behaviours. "Umm...no?" I said. He just laughs. "Well, since I've given you a ride, shouldn't I have...some payment?" I found this question a little weird.

"I don't have money at the moment-" I said, as he pushed me onto my back, and ripped my dress. "No worries. You can always pay me in another way." He Saida, grinning maniacally. "Kyyaaaa! Let go!" I screamed. He held both my hands above my hands with his one hand, and used the other to explore my body.

I shouldn't have run...I thought, my eyes blurring. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, the head falls off, on to me. "Ah...ahhhhhhh!" I screamed. "(Y/n)... I thought I told you not to do anything funny... " He said, as I can feel his dark gaze.

He puts his jacket on me, and wraps me up. Then, he lifts me up, hugging me closely to him. "Ah...sorry...I'm sorry...don't hurt me..." I was horrified. I was horrified at what he would do with me since I disobeyed him.

I was waiting for his slap, as he raised his hands. But instead, he caresses my cheeks. "Did he hurt you?" He whispered, rubbing my cheeks. "You're cold...let's go home." He says, and puts me onto the horse, and hops on after securing me.

As we rode on the horse, back to the kingdom, he speaks up. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry I killed you're family. I know how it feels like now. Y'know, my family wasn't exactly...friendly like yours. So when you said hi...and treated me kindly..." He said, tearing up.

"You gave me a feeling I've never had before. You weren't like the others. You didn't care because I was a prince. You treated me like...a normal human. I thought if I married you...life would be better...I didn't think...I would do this and cause you to be this unhappy." He sniffles.

"I thought you would forget...and learn to love me. Even if it wasn't me, and just my wealth." I pause, taking his words in. He wasn't like the monster I thought he was. He was just...a child in need of love. Could I...give him that? But then I shook my head. He is killed my family...

But deep inside me, I knew I felt something. Just something, small, but yet big enough. I was scared. Scared of the change this feeling would bring me. "I understand you won't...if you hate me. If you want...I'll even let you go. Just don't...hate me." He whispered. He sounded like...a dog...a dog wagging a tail, while I, the owner was threatening to leave him.

"We'll talk about this when we get home" I said, face reddening. I wasn't...that cruel. He may be cruel, but I won't turn into something or someone he is. His face lightens up. "Okay" he beamed. In the back of my mind though, I knew I wouldn't leave. I've already gotten the...feeling. Besides, I won't have anyone else waiting for me.

"Let's go home."

LA FIN