二十一

My eyes widen on the sight. My boyfriend, kissing my best friend. Isn't this cliche? Tears roll down my cheeks, as I walked into the cafe. They wide eyed stared at me, as my boyfriend- ex boyfriend tried to explain things.

Hint work. Tried. I grabbed the burning hot cup of coffee they ordered, and dumped it on his head. He screamed. I felt satisfied. "Go look at yourself in the bathroom next time, before you flirt with another girl. We're over."

Then, I turned to my best friend- previous best friend. I held out of palm, and slapped her real hard. Like, I'm not joking. Her face snapped to the side, as a crisp 'pak' could be heard. I grinned in satisfaction like a maniac. 

"And look at yourself in the mirror next time, before trying to steal another person's boyfriend." I walked out angrily, huffing. I wasn't sad anymore. I was full on rage. A person tapped me. "Uh, miss? You forgot your purse-"

The world stopped for me, as I saw the beautiful face. I think...I'm over the breakup now...he smiles awkwardly. "A-are you going to take back your purse?" He asks. I smile, grabbing my purse, and deliberately touched his hard, before taking the purse.

"Thank you kind sir." I said, before walking off. That man seemed...kind. Unlike who I was dating. I walked along the streets, thinking about life. Ah. How terrible it was. I was almost half way home, when rain started pouring down.

Isn't this lucky. I walked in the rain, sobbing, hoping the rain could hide my tears. Why was life so cruel to me? I had to lose my parents, my childhood friends, and now...him. He, who I thought would forever be with me. 

Guess you can't trust everyone, and everything they tell you. It may just end up being a huge sloppy lie. A lie...that may break you into thousands of pieces, never recovering.

I reached home, completely soaked. I see my cat oh the stairs, seemingly waiting for me. I smiled. I scooped her up. "You're the only one that's left. Please...don't leave me..." I whispered. He meows, and I smile.

The next morning, I didn't go to work, and ordered a day off. I went to the cafe I went to yesterday. I sat down, after I ordered a cup of coffee. My coffee arrives, and I sip it. It tastes wonderful. Yum. I sip the coffee, staring out the window.

Ah. So peaceful... "Hey um,-" I turned around to see who was talking to me. I see the boy that handed me my purse. "Hi." I said, smiling. "So...what do you feel? How do you feel now...that that's happened?" He questions.

His words hit me like an arrow. What could I do? I pondered. I couldn't exactly kill him. I would be caught in a few seconds, because I suck at lying. I wouldn't be able to hold a knife at a person. I sigh.

"I can't exactly do anything. Afterall, it's already done. I can't change history, however much I want to. I said, smiling sadly. It was true. I couldn't do a thing at all. "Hey, it's alright, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm willing to lend mine. 

I laugh, as he stares at me confusingly, as if asking what was wrong. "No, it's just, you're a random stranger I met yesterday, and now, you're acting like my best friend." I smiled, giggling.

He smiles. "Glad I made you laugh. My name's Elric. You're new best friend." He says. I smile. "And I'm (Y/n). A girl that lost her best friend and boyfriend, but gained a new best friend." I laughed. He laughs along with me.

After that, I felt way much better. Not it the bad mood anymore. We exchanged numbers, and went on with our day. We meet up so much more now, being actual best friends. I feel like...this is a very familiar feeling...what is this....?

"Hey (Y/n), look at that turtle!" Elric shouts, as we were currently at the Zoo. I laugh at his childish antics. I grinned, and ran towards him. "Coming!"

I rushed towards him, to find two turtles stacked on each other. I looked at him confusedly. "Why are the two turtles like that?" I question. He smiles. He ignores the question, but says something else. "That, those two turtles look at us." He says, smiling proudly.

I laughed. Who wouldn't laugh, when having a best friend like this? But the happiness didn't last long. A while after, Elric got a girlfriend. My heart felt weird for some reason.

Elric would hang out more with Eloise, than me. It made me oddly jealous. I shouldn't be. I'm his best friend...

But this feeling grew bigger, and bigger, until I could no longer hold it in. I decided to confess. I wrote several letters, until I wrote one I actually liked. It was a poem, contained with a place to meet me. I chose the place where I first met him.

I wait there, as I see Elric walking towards me. I take a deep breathe, but every passing thought, wasn't good enough to help me. If fact, it might have made things worse. By the moment he got to me, I was fully sweating furiously.

I took a deep breathe, as he smiled, and said hello. "I-I like you Elric!" I said loudly. I didn't look up, as I was afraid he would reject me, and look at me with disgust in him eyes. A hand reaches towards me, and tilts my chin, facing him.

He's...smiling. He's smiling? I stared at him, muddled. What was happening? Why was he smiling? I questioned. Then, he calms down from his fit of laughter. "So, you like me huh?" He asks. I nod furiously.

"Alright. Let's go." Elric says. I look at him, wanting to explain the goddamn situation to me, as I had no idea what this man was thinking, and what weird thoughts were crossing his head.

"I like you too. I'm asking you out on a date tonight." I said, smiling. She gasps. I could see the words quite clearly on her face. Was this real? I might before to convince him.

"B-but what about Eloise?" I question, as I sort of felt bad for her now. He just smiles at me. "Eloise? What do you mean?" He asks. "Well, aren't you her boyfriend?" I asked him. He just looks at me wide eyed, before laughing.

"What scenario were you placing in your mind? Have I ever told you I was dating  Eloise?" He questions. I pondered over the thought. I mean, he really didn't say anything about that...

"That's my sister you idiot." He says, flicking my head, and laughing at me. I paused for a second, before turning beet red.

"Let's go out." He says smiling. I paused, but then tears roll down my cheeks. "Okay." I whisper softly.

LA FIN