Hold My Hand - Bang Chan

You were having one of the worst days of your life. Nothing was going your way today. You had gotten yelled at by your boss. You got locked out of your house. And you were feeling like crap. You decided to go to the hospital to see if you could figure out why you weren't feeling so good. That's when your day got even worse.

Your doctor sat you down and told you that you were diagnosed with glioblastoma. It was a type of cancer. You felt your whole world around you shatter. Tears formed in your eyes. It got even worse when your doctor said that you only had three months left to live.

You didn't know what to say. You couldn't form words out of your mouth. Your doctor told you that you could get surgery done but there was a chance you wouldn't survive the surgery. Your doctor then said that he would prescribe you onto medication.

By the time you were walking back home it was already dark. So much was on your mind that you had completely forgotten that you wouldn't be able to get back into your house since you forgot your key. As you were walking you weren't paying attention and that's when you bumped into someone making you stumble onto the ground. You apologized to them and stood up. He lightly smiled at you and then walked away.

You continued making your way back home. You approached the crosswalk and that meant you weren't that far from your house. You waited patiently to be able to cross. You finally started walking as did everyone else around you. Suddenly you felt a really bad pain in your head. It was bad enough to make you collapse onto the ground in the middle of the street.

You couldn't bear the pain. Everyone was now watching you and they were all freaking out. Cars were making their way towards you and you had no idea.

That's when you finally looked and saw cars driving your way. Your eyes widen. You knew you wouldn't be able to move in time. You wanted to accept your fate. You were about to close your eyes when you saw all the cars driving in the street and they were frozen.

You looked around and noticed all the people that were watching you were frozen. Like time had stopped. You kept looking around and that's when you saw the man that you had bumped into earlier. He was the only one not frozen.

You made eye contact with him and that's when he started making his way over to you. When he finally approached you he stared down at you. You stare back at him.

"You have a choice. Will you die here and now?" He says as he then holds out his hand to you. "Or will you take my hand?"

You didn't want to believe this was real. It felt like a fever dream to you. You hoped you would soon wake up from this dream and today would have never happened. You continue to stare at the mysterious man. You hesitate to take his hand but that's when you finally reach your hand out and take your hand in his. He wraps his hand around yours and pulls you up. Suddenly the pain you once felt before has gone away.

You don't let go of his hand as you both walk away. Suddenly you watch as everything is now going in reverse. You are in shock. You have no idea what is going on. Suddenly you two are now at a park. No one is around you. He is still holding your hand. You both sit down on a bench. That's when you start pouring questions out. He chuckled the whole time.

"I was called here by you." He says.

You stare at him in confusion. You still had no clue what was going on. You had no idea who he was. And you still didn't know how he was able to freeze time and reverse it.

"Are you a god?" You ask which makes him laugh.

He finally starts to explain everything to you. The previous night you had a bit too much to drink and started to say random things. One of those random things being that you hoped doom would come to the world and destroy it. You get embarrassed and are about to take your hand out of his hand but he holds his grip on your hand tight.

"Didn't I say not to let go of my hand?" he says. "The only reason why you aren't in pain is because I'm holding your hand."

You start to question his Identity without trying to sound mean or offensive. But as you are doing so he says your name and your eyes widen. You never told him your name so you had no idea how he knew your name. You start to think if he's magic but he tells you that he isn't. That's when you realize he just read your mind. But he doesn't call it reading your mind. He calls it hearing your thoughts.

"How long do we need to keep holding hands?" You ask.

"What? You don't like holding hands?" He jokes which makes you flustered.

"This still makes no sense."

Suddenly he uses his other hand and puts it around your wrist. When he pulls his wrist away a red bracelet is now around your wrist and he lets go of your hand.

"This will keep you from having pain. But it needs to be charged once a day before midnight." He says.

"Charged? How?"

"Isn't it obvious? Holding my hand." He says.

He gets up from the bench and flashes you a quick smile before turning around. You're quick to stop him from leaving. You tell him that you never got his name. He turns back around to face you.

"Chan." He says before turning around again and walking away.