You were always put last but with him it was different - Han Jisung

In high school you were always put last. You had the biggest crush on this guy named Jake. You were both good friends at the time. You always chose to hide your feelings from him which you were good at doing. However, when your best friend Lia came into the picture that's when you really started to realize how you were never anyone's first choice. Even with Jake and Lia. They were each other's first choice, which is what hurt you the most.

In your gym class your class was outside walking around the track. You were walking by yourself and as you were doing so you spotted Jake and Lia walking very close together. You got upset and started running around the track. You were running very hard to the point when you were very sweaty and felt faint.

But you didn't stop. Not until you fell down on the ground. Jake and Lia were paying no attention to you. The only person who was watching was Jake's best friend Han. He was always watching you when Jake wasn't.

Han ran over to you and picked you up bridal style and carried you all the way to the nurses office. As you were walking away that's when Jake finally noticed you. Jake ran up to the both of you.

"Han, let me take her." Jake says, trying to stop Han. Han ignored Jake's words about him being concerned for you.

"You only now care about her because I'm the one helping her. Get lost, Jake." Han says, leaving Jake there.

After getting treated in the nurse's office Jake stayed by your side. Han had left because Jake made him leave.

The following day you and Jake were supposed to hang out. You were waiting for him at the Han River. Hours passed and he still wasn't there. But you didn't expect anything else from him. You finally had enough and went to go find Jake yourself. You found him with Lia.

Tears were in your eyes. You ripped your necklace off your neck and threw it at him. That necklace was from him. You were officially done with him.

"I'm sick and tired of you, Jake. We were friends. Is this how you treat your friend or do you just treat me like this? I will never be anyone's first choice. I'll always be second. I know that now. I hope you live a horrible life you bastard." Tears stream down your face.

You ran out of there. He didn't follow after you. But you ran into Han who comforted you. Jake would never know how much you cried that day.

It hurt realizing you weren't important to Jake at all. Because you always thought you were.

Over the next few weeks, you and Han became inseparable. You went shopping together, shared whispered secrets at coffee shops, and spent evenings close with one another.

One day at the library where you two would occasionally study together he held your gaze, "Y/n. You're the most incredible person I have ever met. Don't let anyone make you feel invisible again. If they do, remember, I see you."

His words laced with sincerity, brought tears to your eyes. You finally understood. It wasn't about being chosen last; it was about finding someone who saw your worth, someone who made you feel like the first choice, every single time. And that someone being him.

After high school you cut contacts with Jake and Lia. The only person you stayed in contact with was Han. He was the only person who was actually there for you. And you realized he was the only person who loved you and thought you were important. You've been together ever since.

You rush through your front door, tears forming in your eyes. You needed to see Han right away. You needed his comfort. Because you had just ran into Jake and Lia. They were married.

Han sees you and walks up to you, "What happened? Talk to me, baby."

"I... I ran into Jake and Lia." You control your tears.

"What did he say to you?" Han gets angry. You shake your head.

"He didn't say anything. Except for that he and Lia were married. He didn't even bother asking me how I'm doing. I told him about you and I, but he gave me a weird look."

Han was furious. But he knew wanting to get physical with Jake wasn't the best option. He knew you were getting flashbacks from high school. He pulls you into his soft and warm embrace, rocking you. And plants kisses on your head.

"Have I ever told you how much I've hated his guts? We were actually never friends." Han admits.

"I thought you hated his guts after what happened-"

"No." He shakes his head. "He's always been the same douchebag. I only stuck around with him because I felt sorry for him. And because I was in love with you."

You sniff, looking up at him, "How long have you been in love with me?"

"Since the moment I met you. But I knew at the time you liked Jake. That's why I never said anything. But after... You know, I wanted to be there for you. Not as a lover, as a friend. But then I couldn't help myself." He cups your face, smiling at you lovingly.

"I love you, Han." You say for the first time.

He connects your lips together and in between the kiss he says, "I will always love you more."

A couple months later, under a sky filled with beautiful stars, Han got down on one knee. With a voice thick with emotion, he proposed to you. You, the girl used to being put last, looked into his eyes and saw forever reflected back. Tears streamed down your face, this time not of sadness, but overflowing with happiness.