Him releasing a song about your breakup - Kim Seungmin

You scrolled through the trending topics, a familiar knot forming in your stomach. #StraykidsSeungminNewSong. Your thumb hovered over the link, memories flooding back. Stolen kisses backstage, whispered promises under the moonlight - all soundtracked by the melody that had now become a national sensation.

Seungmin, your Seungmin, the boy with the sunshine smile and a voice that could soothe a hurricane, was pouring his heart out about your breakup on stage. You clicked the link, bracing yourself.

The song started with a gentle piano melody, a stark contrast to Seungmin's usual upbeat style. His voice, raw and vulnerable, filled the silence. The lyrics were a bittersweet tapestry woven with stolen moments from your past. 

"The empty space beside me, a melody unfinished," He sang, "Your laughter used to fill the silence, now it echoes in every memory."

You felt tears prick your eyes. He'd captured the essence of your love, the way it bloomed amidst the chaos of his idol life, and the quiet ache of its demise. The song progressed, the melody building with his frustration.

"Was it the late nights, the constant goodbyes? Did the weight of my dreams crush the flowers that bloomed between us?" He sang, his voice thick with emotion, "Or maybe we were just fireworks, meant to burn bright and fade away too soon?"

Tears streamed down your face. He'd laid bare his soul, his questions mirroring your own.  The song ended with a single piano note, lingering in the air like a lingering sigh.
Social media exploded. Fans dissected the lyrics, searching for clues about the mysterious muse. Seungmin remained silent, letting the song speak for itself.

Days turned into weeks. You couldn't escape the song. It played on every music channel, cafes, and even as ringtones.  You tried to be happy for Seungmin's success, but the raw honesty of the song was a constant reminder of your lost love.

One evening, your phone buzzed. An unknown number. Hesitantly, you picked up.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice, laced with nervousness, filled your ear.

"Seungmin?"

"The song... I just..." He trailed off.
You took a deep breath. "It was beautiful, painful, honest."

A long silence followed, then a choked sob from Seungmin's end.

"I miss you." He confessed.

Your heart ached. "I miss you too." You whispered back.

The song, a bittersweet melody of a love lost, became the unlikely bridge that reconnected them. You spoke for hours that night, dredging up buried emotions, acknowledging your mistakes.

"I had to get it out, Y/n. All I think about is you and our breakup. I wanted you to find your way back to me." He admits.

"Well, it caught my attention."

During the middle of the night, under the cover of darkness, Seungmin stood outside your apartment. Rain lashed against the building, mirroring the storm of emotions within him.
When you opened the door, a hesitant smile lit up your face.

"Seungmin."

Without saying anything, he steps closer to you and wraps his arms tightly around you. "I love you, Y/n."

You talked for what felt like hours, the rain being a  comforting white noise outside. You spoke about the love that still undeniably flickered between you two.

Your path wouldn't be easy. The idol life was a demanding one, but this time, you were determined to face it together. The song that spoke of your breakup became an anthem for your second chance, a melody not of loss, but of a love that found its way back home.