Drivers License - Yang Jeongin

"Are you getting your driver's license soon?" Jeongin asks, keeping his focus on the road as he drives.

"Yeah. Soon actually. Don't worry, baby. Soon you'll be my passenger princess instead of me always being your passenger princess." You smile.

"Who says I don't mind you being my passenger princess?" He laughs. "Oh! Bubs, have you been listening to that song?"

"The one you wrote for me? Always. I will never stop listening to it."

You giggle as you stare at him. You wanted to be with him forever. He's always promised forever for the both of you. You wouldn't want anything else. You couldn't love anyone else more than him.

*Three months later*

You start your car after you put your seatbelt on. You stare out the window, holding back your tears. You sigh as you drive out of your driveway and start driving around town. You just got your driver's license last week. Just like you and Jeongin had always talked about. He was always so excited for that moment to happen so you could drive to his house.

Unfortunately you two have broken up. No breakup was ever pretty but your breakup was ugly. There was this other girl hanging around. When you tried asking him about her you knew you were in trouble when the word "just" came before the word "friends."

As you drove around town tears started pouring out your eyes. He wasn't there with you. He was the main reason why you wanted to get your license. You wanted to drive around town with him. You wanted to drive to his house whenever you wanted to be with him. He was probably with that girl. The one who always made you doubt. She was older than you. She was also everything you were insecure about. How could you ever love someone else? You loved him so much even after breaking up.

You knew you both weren't perfect. Then again you had never felt this way for someone else. He was your first love. You couldn't imagine how he could be so okay now that you were gone. As you continued driving you had started playing music using your playlist which you had made while still dating him. The song that he made for you started playing. You scoffed as you skipped his song. Guess he didn't mean what he wrote in that song about you. He always told you forever but now you were driving alone past his street.

You always told your friends how much you missed him. But you were starting to feel like you told them too much. Because they always seemed so tired of hearing you talk about him. You noticed it. You felt sorry for them because they will never know him the way you do. The image of you driving to his home popped into your head. It only made you want to cry more.

Red lights, stop signs, white cars, and front yard were many of the few things that still reminded you of him. You hated that you still loved him. Even the sidewalks you crossed together. You could hear his voice in the traffic as you used to laugh over all the noise. You felt so blue knowing you both were really through. Your vision started going blurry. It wasn't because of your tears. You then felt a huge pain in your head. Like someone had just hit you in the head with a hammer. You were suddenly on the opposite side of the street. The wrong side.

You slammed on your breaks but you were too late. The next thing you heard was a crashing sound. You started hearing ringing in your eyes and your visit was still blurry and slowly getting worse. People on the streets were screaming. They called for help. You couldn't move even if you wanted to. Blood started dripping down the side of your head.

"Move out the way!"

That voice sounded familiar. There was no way... Was it Jeongin? You didn't want to believe he was there. There was absolutely no way.

"Y/N!"

Your car door opens and Jeongin stands there with an extremely scared face. He unbuckles your seatbelt and holds you by your shoulders.

"Y/n! Can you hear me? It's Jeongin. I'm here."

"You said forever..." You mumbled but it was still audible.

"Y/n, help is on the way, okay? Keep your eyes open. I'm not going anywhere."

"I still fucking love you..."

His eyes widened and guilt runs through his whole body. As he was about to say something he saw your eyes starting to close. He shakes you by your shoulders but it was too late. Your eyes were closed. You were already gone. He knew he made a big mistake. He would now have to live with it for the rest of his life.