Period in public - Bang Chan

You and Chan were on a date for the first time in a while. He's been so busy that you haven't had the time to go on dates or just even spend time together. The day started perfectly. You and Chan were at the amusement park, the air buzzing with laughter and the sweet scent of cotton candy. You both played games and went on a few rides.

However, getting off the spinning teacup ride, you didn't feel too well. Your stomach started hurting. Your first thought was that it was your period, but you knew you still had a whole week until it came. You concluded you just had a stomach ache. As you're now off the ride you clutch onto your stomach.

Chan stared at you noticing and had concern on his face, "What's wrong, baby?" 

"I think I just have a stomach ache. Nothing too serious."

As you walked off in front of him he couldn't help but be worried about you. You hadn't had any of the food at the amusement park so, he wondered if you ate something bad the night before or this morning. He wanted to keep a close eye on you.

As he walks up behind you his eyes travel down to the bottom of your pants. There was a stain. His eyes widened. He immediately goes right behind you, leaving no space in between the both of you. You stop walking and look back at him confused.

"What? Is something wrong?" You ask, searching his eyes for an answer.

He takes his jacket off and then carefully wraps it around your waist. You still stare at him confused until he leans in and says, "You have your period."

Your eyes widened. Periods were a natural fact of life, but getting one in a public place unexpectedly that was crowded was a nightmare. Chan. however, sees only your discomfort.

"Hey." He says, calmly, taking your hand.  "Don't worry. We'll handle this."

He guided you to a secluded corner behind a popcorn stand.

"Do you have any pads or tampons with you?" He asks gently.

You shook your head, your voice barely a whisper, "No. I thought I was good for another week."

Chan scanned the area. Thankfully there was a small convenience store across the street, "Okay, stay put. I'll be right back."

Before he can walk off you hold onto his arm, stopping him. You weren't sure if he knew what to get. But then again this wasn't the first time this had happened. He reassures you he knows what to get. He's been with you for three years and has helped you through many of your periods.

He dashes across the street, returning a few minutes later with a discreet package. You can't but smile at the way he was acting. He was acting as if he was in a movie going to deliver a secret package.

"Here." He says, offering it with a reassuring smile. "There's a bathroom down that hall. I'll wait here unless you want me to go with you and stand outside the door."

You shyly nodded. You didn't want to go by yourself. You were already embarrassed. He walks with you over to the restroom.

As you disappear into the restroom he stands outside, waiting for you while you take care of things. Chan walked off for a moment going to get you a quick snack from one of the stands.

Minutes later, you emerged, looking relieved but slightly drained. Chan took your things and wrapped a comforting arm around you. He gave you the food he bought you along with a drink and some painkillers.

"Feeling any better?" He asks.

"A little bit. Thank you. You truly are a lifesaver... and a gentleman."

Chan chuckled standing in front of you and tightening his jacket that was still wrapped around your waist, "Only for you, baby. Now how about we skip the thrill rides and go find a nice shady spot and eat some more food? Maybe win you a giant stuffed animal?"

Your face lit up, "Sound's perfect. And next time... I'll double-check the calendar."

"It's not your fault." He kisses your head. "Don't you dare say you ruined our date. Because you didn't. We still have much more to do."

He holds your hand, as you both walk around the amusement park, no longer a source of worry, but a backdrop for their quiet, perfect moment. Chan or you may not have been able to control what happened, but Chan was able to control how he reacted. And in that moment, his love and support were more thrilling than any rollercoaster.