Skye

Skye

"You're home late," dad said as I stepped through the front door, shutting it behind me.

"It's only nine-fifty," I told him, standing up straighter with a small smile. "Mom said curfew was ten."

Dad spared a look out the front window to see Sebastian's car sliding off the driveway. "Out with the boyfriend again?"

I nodded, pushing my hair behind my ear. "Yeah."

Dad just gave me a look. "I don't like him."

I gazed up, throwing my hands out. "You never like anyone I hang out with dad!"

"He gives me weird vibes," he continued, still staring outside. "Dark vibes."

Yeah, he gave me them, too... but I kinda liked them, if I was being honest.

And I knew why, but he wasn't that guy anymore...

Although I didn't know him well enough... so I did need to learn more about him before we got more... intimate.

"Skye, I know you're going to be eighteen soon," dad told me, voice gruff. "So I'm not going to play the separation part, just be careful."

I just pushed past him and went upstairs.

He didn't call after me like he usually would've, just went down to him and mom's room as I entered mine, closing the door behind me.

But I immediately was thrown into the air and slammed against a wall.

I cried out, trying to move but I was pressed so hard against the wall I could barely move.

And there was nothing holding me... it was like an invisible force.

"Hello, there, Skye," someone said from further in the room, and I shot my gaze up, gasping when I found a familiar form covered in shadows, flipping the hilt of my dagger in his hand gracefully.

"Let me go," I told North.

He sighed and stood, tossing the blade on my desk as he sat on the windowsill, setting his head against the wall as I struggled to keep my panic at bay.

He danced his fingers in the air as he sang, "I finally got you." He then said normally, "It's about time, don't you think?"

I stared as I watched the shadows dance over the smile spread along his face.