Skye

Skye

I sat next to Sebastian's bed in the infirmary, distantly playing a game on my phone while I waited for him to wake up.

He fell asleep in the car last night, and while he was sleeping, Chris helped me carry him into the infirmary.

Doctor Jen got out of bed and woke him up briefly so he could drink the healing meds, and he passed out immediately after.

He'd been asleep since; which I couldn't blame him, he was so injured and had burns spread across his body—in the wounds—and I winced every time I looked at him.

But now he was healed; those lashes on his chest now subtle scars, and he slept peacefully... like an angel.

I almost wanted to draw him.

I never knew a guy so dark and mysterious as him could be so calm... peaceful.

It was new to me.

He suddenly shifted, and I sat up when his lashes fluttered open.

"Skye...?" he whispered, glancing around. "Skye?"

I stood and stepped over to him, and he gazed up and smiled.

I sat down on his infirmary bed, and caught his hand, lightly rubbing the skin. "How are you feeling?"

He smiled and used his other hand to cup my cheek. "I'm much better now."

I caught his wrist and turned my cheek into his hand, smiling softly.

He just let go and returned to brush my hair away from my eyes.

I stared down at him softly.

But he just caught my arm and reeled me down.

I yelped and giggled when I clashed with his chest, but he just nuzzled his face in my hair as I struggled in his grip.

"Sebastian! Ah! Sebastian!"

He just released me, but I stayed on his chest.

We laid there for a moment, and he just brushed his fingers through my hair as if I needed calming.

"Watching you kill all those guards was sexy," he told me, making me glance up.

I giggled. "That's not something I'd ever thought someone would say."

He just smiled and kept soothing my hair back. "I see you found the clothes I bought you."

I smiled, knowing he was talking about the fighting gear I found.

But right now, I was just wearing a green jacket and a schoolgirl skirt.

Sebastian pulled my hair out from the ponytail, and I glanced up at him curiously.