I heard his footsteps

They were coming closer.

I needed to get out of here... but there were no exits.

Where am I?

I kept dashing through the dimly lit halls, rattling every doorknob to find them all locked.

But I suddenly heard an odd sound... a melody... echoing through the halls...

Was he... singing?

*****

"He" stepped casually down the halls, footsteps tapping through the darkness as he continued forward, whistling a lullaby.

He held a small sword over his shoulder, casually walking past the halls that was riddled with corpses.

Everyone that he killed.

I had been tied up by him... suffering as he laughed and held me against my will, and I struggled to get out of the bindings and escaped...

Into these endless halls.

But that made him angry.

DON'T MAKE HIM ANGRY.

But it was too late.

His eyes glittered a bright red, shining black as the lights flickered on, but glowed red in the darkness when the lights blinked off.

I ran from him then, stomach twisting and throat swelling with cries.

But I would not make a sound.

I wouldn't.

I continued running, trying hard to ignore all the dead beings on the ground and finally made it to another hallway.

I quickly ran down it, screaming slightly when the lights suddenly shut off, and I was trapped into darkness.

All I could see was the small exit sign glowing in the black fog.

I followed it, gasping when I continued forward.

But the whistling burned through me, and I flipped around.

His red eyes glowed in the darkness, and only switched off when he blinked.

I breathed shallowly, watching the exit sign reflect off his blood-stained sword, and I quickly spun around and continued forward down the halls.

Run... must... run.

Must escape.

As I continued forward, holding my hands out to find the door.

But I slammed face-first into the wall, choking.

I stumbled backwards, regaining my strength in seconds to pat my hands against the wall, searching for the exit...