Skye

Skye

"What?" Neveah said. "I meant it as a compliment."

I glared at her as I sat across from her at my favorite Thai place. "Really? Calling me deranged is a compliment?"

She shrugged. "It means you're impulsive, fast learner, you know."

I arched a brow. "I don't see how being deranged makes me a fast learner."

"You have less restraint when it comes to things you feel passionate about," she stated honestly, spinning her noodles on a fork.

"Like what?" I demanded.

She took a bite and swallowed. "Uhm... like when it comes to Sebastian, you murdered like fifty people for him."

I leaned back in my seat. "And that makes me deranged?"

"Yes, actually."

I rolled my eyes. "I still don't see how it's a compliment."

She smiled at me, spinning noodles on her fork again. "It means you have no restraint when it comes to saving your hubby."

"He's not my husband!" I hissed.

"Okay, soon to be hubby."

I glared at her then, jaw locking. "Don't say that... It's too soon."

She just giggled and took another bite.

I was silent for a moment, waiting for her to finish chewing.

"Hey, Neveah..." I said then, hesitating, "I saw you talking to Sebastian earlier this morning. And you both looked very serious... you clearly weren't talking about puppies. What were you talking about?"

She gave me a look, mouth full. "Really? You ask me this right when I take a bite?"

I shrugged, and she just rolled her eyes and put her finger up.

She swallowed and took a swig of her water before setting it down.

She leveled her eyes with mine. "We were talking about you."

I blinked, pointing to myself. "Me?"

"Yes, you, moron." She rolled her eyes. "Apparently, last night, when Doctor Jen gave you the meds, you fell asleep, and Sebastian was about to take you to bed, but North pulled a gun on him."

I dropped my fork, breaths stilling.

What?

"I never trusted that ass," she said then, narrowing her eyes. "He always gives me the creeps."

Why didn't Sebastian tell me?!

"But..." I stammered, trying to breathe, "but, he's been so kind to me... Why would he...?"