"Is the snack good?" the clinic-aid said, making me glance up and nod

He just shook his head and went back down to his computer.

Sometimes, I'd go to the clinic because I had low blood sugar. Not that I had diabetes or anything, but I didn't eat enough, so I kept snacks in here.

It was mainly carbs like chips, crackers, and stuff, but... I truly like carbs. I hated meals for some reason. I never finished them.

But I just continued eating my snack, and when something moved at the doorway, I quickly gazed up.

It was Sebastian's familiar form, but... I noticed the runes on his shoulders were gone.

I narrowed my eyes.

North. Ugh.

He leaned against the doorway and smiled at me, though I just aimed my gaze away from him.

"Do you need something?" the clinic aide asked him.

North gave him a brief glance. "Nope. Just waiten' on this one."

"You're not waiting for anything, psychopath," I stated, stuffing my chip bag back in the cabinet. "I thought I told you to stay away from me."

"Skye, do you want me to call the dean?" the clinic aide said.

North just glanced at him, eyes glowing a bright red. "You are not a part of this conversation. So sit back and ignore us."

The aide immediately shrank in his seat as his eyes glazed over, and he started typing frantically on his computer.

I just sighed and closed the cabinet, turning and stepping past North—

Only to find my arm caught.

I glanced back at him in warning.

"Where do you think you're going?" he said then.

"Let me go," I said sternly.

"Or what?" he replied.

I glared. "I told you to leave me alone."

He just smiled slightly, tipping his head to the side. "And you thought I'd listen? I mean... who's going to stop me? No teacher in this school can keep you safe from me, Skye."

But my other arm was snagged, and I yelped when I was thrown behind another man, my arm slipping out from North's grip.

When I gazed up, my eyes sparkled, finding Sebastian standing in front of me while he held his arm out in protection.

"When she says back off," Sebastian said, "she means back off."

North smirked. "Oh, here's your prince charming. Here to save the day." He pouted. "Pity."

I just glared at him from behind, and North chuckled in response. "She's like an angry kitten," he tipped his head to the side, "cute."

"I'm not a kitten!" I yelled.