I remained quiet as Sebastian guided me into the apartment, having been parking on the nearest garage, and we stepped through the tunnels before we made it back

North closed the doors behind us. "Take her to the room. I'll get the meds."

Sebastian nodded, guiding me to the bedroom I woke in the first time, and he closed the door behind us.

"Come on, Sweetheart," he said, helping me into bed. "Do you need anything?" He pulled the covers over me. "Water? You hungry? You haven't eaten in a while, so—"

"Can you... just leave me be for a moment...?" I whispered.

He froze then, dropping the covers as his eyes clouded over with darkness. "Oh... okay, sure...."

"I won't leave..." I promised. "I won't."

"I know, Angel," he whispered. "Hunt me down if you need anything, okay?"

I nodded.

He just sighed and made his way to the door, opening to find North coming up with a med bottle in hand.

He put his hand up, making North pause.

"Let's give her some space," Sebastian said. "Just for a while, okay?"

"But... the meds," he argued.

"She'll get it when she's ready," Sebastian said.

He nodded, and smiled at me before stepping back, Sebastian closing the door seconds later.

I broke out in tears then, though I wasn't crying... loudly, there were just pounds of tears streaming down my cheeks.

I stared off into space, finding the walls blurring as I let every inch of sorrow out.

*****

It was late now, but I stepped silently down the hallway, cheeks still stained with tears but I was too numb to care.

North looked up from the counter as I entered the living room, clearly doing the dishes.

"Skye," he warned, "where are you going?"

I never replied, and he just watched me suspiciously as I came closer to the front door...

But I passed it, continuing to the stairs while holding the railing.

I heard him walking over to the stairway and peering up at me curiously, but I couldn't really care right now.

I was numb... and cold... and...

Scared.

I just made it up, stepping down the hallway toward Sebastian's room.

I glanced to the room on my right, finding the lights off and the door open, so I continued to the one on the left, stopping at the entrance as the door remained cracked.