"Where the hell are you going to put her?" North questioned me as I carried Skye into the apartment

"The empty bedroom downstairs," I replied. "Doy."

He just sighed and closed the door behind me. "Really? Because I thought you were going to be insistent on keeping her close to you, as per uge."

I spared him a bored glance. "She needs her own space, and there's already a bed in there, so... why not?"

"But you sleep with her every night," North told me, making me sigh as I carried her down the hall. "Won't you go through cuddle withdrawal?"

"Okay, one, don't make fun of me," I told him, smirking as I kicked open the door. "Two, there's no such thing as cuddle withdrawal, understand?" I then carried her over to the bed. "Three, North, just because we haven't had sex doesn't mean that we're an odd couple, kay? Sex doesn't make the relationship official."

"I mean..." he said as I laid Skye down, hearing her moan softly at the movement, "it makes the marriage complete."

I pulled the covers over her, sighing as she turned her face into the pillow. "We're not married yet, North."

"And you've been together for... how long?" he questioned me.

"Just because we've been together for almost six months doesn't mean she'd be ready, and..." I turned to give him a look, "who's the one who injected her with daemivenom to part us?"

"I was jealous," he stated, pouting. "She's just so... cute."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, just... don't hurt her, okay?"

North looked up to me, smiling a little. "Wouldn't dream of it."

I nodded then, gazing down at Skye as she shifted further into the pillow, breathing softly.

"She looks so... innocent when she sleeps," North said then. "All anger gone... it's like she's a new person."

"I know," I whispered then, brushing some hair away from her eyes. "She does, doesn't she?"

North parted his lips as I smiled a little.

"Maybe..." I said, "I can stay here until she wakes up. You know... she needs a little reassurance, right?"

He just rolled his eyes. "I'm saying! Cuddle withdrawal."

I gave him a look, and he just chuckled.

Though I just gazed down, drawing back the covers as she whimpered a little, and I just smiled, getting in beside her.

She reached out to me then, wining a little.

North just snickered. "Wow, clingy much?"

"Oh, shush," I told him. Then lowered my voice when I spoke to her. "Shhh... I'm right here. Right here." I just smiled, lightly catching her arms and guiding them around me.