Skye

Skye

"Nope," Claire said, tossing clothes out of her closet while I sat on her bed. "Nope. Nooop. No."

I winced when one of her clothes smacked me right in the face, and I just pried it off, setting it beside me. "Isn't this a little too much?" I inquired. "It's just a rune ceremony."

"Yes," Claire said, poking her head out from the closet and giving me a look, "a ceremony! You must look the part."

I gave her a look when she went back to shuffling through her closet.

She just poked her head out. "Not saying your style is bad in anyway," she added, "I like the schoolgirl stuff." She made the "ok" sign. "Totally Sebastian's kink by the way." She went back to searching.

I stammered for a moment at her words. "Ah... how would you know this?"

She gave me a dubious look. "You don't want to know the answer to that."

My cheeks flooded with red. "This is just my style. I wasn't trying to satisfy his kink."

"Says the girl who had lingerie in her closet."

My face burned a bright red then. "How many people has he told?!"

She snickered. "A lot. He's very proud of it."

"That's private!" I complained, then dropped my hands. "He's such an asshole."

She just tossed another black dress out. "A little tip about him, he doesn't keep secrets well."

I stared for a moment. "Yeah, he does."

"When it comes to boosting his ego," she added, "he will not keep the secret."

"I feel like he's telling everyone just to embarrass me because it's fun."

"That, too," Claire added.

She then gasped. "YES."

I stared as she pulled out a long, black dress from her closet.

It was a very lengthy one—as black as midnight—and the chest had beautiful sequins shaped into what looked like... archangel runes?

"This was my mother's dress," Claire said, looking down at it. "She wore this when she was branded an archangel." She gazed up, smiling. "It would definitely work for you. It's even your cut! I have matching earrings and a necklace. You would look so perfect in this."

"Oh, Claire," I said, brows drawing together as I raised my hands innocently, "I can't wear that! It would be disrespectful."

"Oh, shush. It would look so good on you," she assured me. "Seriously, my mom would be happy that this dress moved onto Sebastian's future partner!"

My cheeks flooded with red, and I giggled uncomfortably. "Wha... I never said anything about marrying him!"

She just gave me a look and tossed the dress to me. "Change. It's almost eight thirty."