Skye

Skye

Sebastian had helped me back to the mansion, and I briefly changed back into the dress and touched up my makeup; mainly to cover the tear-stains.

But I realized that I couldn't zip the dress up, and I kind of wondered how I got it off in the first place.

I just parted the bathroom door, lips parting as I found Sebastian standing outside the door, waiting.

"Seb?" I said, making him glance at me. "Can you help?"

He smiled and nodded, and I stepped out, holding a strap as I turned, and I pulled my hair over one shoulder. "Can you zip it up? I can't reach."

He stepped toward me and did as I asked, gently pulled the zipper up, and I had to resist shivering as his fingers brushed against my bare back.

But he finished, and he just let go. "Can you turn so I can see you?"

I closed my eyes tightly and turned, every muscle stilling as I gazed up at him, waiting for an insult or that harsh look again.

But his eyes sparkled—sparkled—and he smiled, gazing up at me.

Every bit of cold inside me vanished with his smile.

"Come on," he whispered, holding his hand out to me.

I took it, holding my skirts up as he guided me back up to the roof.

Everyone was still waiting there, some looking impatient, though Neveah and Claire looked more concerned.

"Hey, guys," Sebastian said, smiling, "look who I found."

Neveah gazed up, eyes rounding. "Skye!"

She rushed over to me and nearly tackled me, and I shrank back a little, clutching her back.

"Don't run like that again, promise?" she asked me.

I nodded. "Sorry."

She let go and smiled softly, and Claire just glared at Sebastian. "That was a dick move, just so you know."

"I know," he replied, gazing back down at me and adjusted my hair over my shoulder. "But I apologized."

I smiled slightly, and he just stared back up. "Everyone ready?"

"Yes," they all said in unison, and they all moved to sit outside the candles, forming a large circle.

Sebastian just glanced down at me as Doctor Jen remained holding the bowl of liquid while standing in the corner.

Sebastian started guiding me into the circle then, and I pulled up my dress as I stepped over the candles.

"Your curves look killer in that dress, by the way," he whispered to me. "Remind me to kiss them later."