I blinked, yawning while rubbing my eyes as I stepped down the staircase to Sebastian's kitchen

The savory scent of eggs and bacon filled the air, and I lowered my hands, circling around to the kitchen to find Sebastian hard at work on one of the stoves.

"What are you doing?" I wondered sleepily.

He gazed up and smiled. "Breakfast. What else does it look like?"

"I don't know..." I replied, scooting to the top of a barstool. "A satanic ritual?"

"For what?" He chuckled. "Frying Satan on a plate just so we can eat him?"

"There's probably a kink out there like that," I told him.

He shrugged. "Fair point."

All the sudden, a groan filled the room, and we both gazed up to find Claire entering the kitchen. "Oh, my god. You guys were so loud last night. I couldn't sleep."

Sebastian smirked from the stove.

Heat flooded my cheeks at the memory, and I gazed down at the table, butterflies roaming inside me.

I forgot that Sebastian and I did... that last night.

Oh, my... was I that loud?

Another figure entered the kitchen with someone else behind them.

Neveah and Chris.

"Where were you yesterday when North broke into the house?" Claire said then, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Hey, look," Neveah threw her hands up innocently, "you told me to put runes up, and I did! I did my job."

"And then what did you do after?"

Chris spoke up then. "Oh, she wanted to try this new Thai place, so I took her there."

Claire's glare sharpened, and I giggled a little.

It wasn't a "new" Thai place, she and Chris has been there a lot, those liars.

"So, while Sebastian, Skye, and I were in death's hands, you decided it was time to go on a lovey-dovey date?" Claire scoffed.

"Well..." Chris said then, setting his arm on Neveah's shoulder who shot him a look, "did you... ask her to look out?"

Claire clenched her fists. "No."

"Then end of story," he replied, gazing up, "what's for breakfast, Sebbie?"

"Don't call me that," Sebastian said then, making me giggle. "But eggs and bacon."

"Ooh, yum," he replied, nodding in excitement. "I call first dibs!"

"Ey!" Neveah said then, shoving him out of the way. "You ass, you always get first dibs!"

Claire just rolled her eyes and scooted onto the bench next to me, and I remained smiling, watching Chris hold a plate just above Neveah's reach as she yelled out, reaching for it.

"So," Claire said then, "how are you feeling?"

I glanced over at her. "Oh, me? Fine."

She chuckled sarcastically. "Really? You just got bitten by a psychopath, almost died, and you're fine?"

"Eh," I said, shrugging, "you get used to it."

"How the hell do you get used to that?" Neveah said then.

I gazed over at her, a small smile forming on my face. "You don't. It's just something that you learn to cope with. It will always be a weight on my shoulders, Claire. Knowing he's out there, searching for me. It will never end; I know that now. But... how I cope with it is having someone I care about who loves me, and cares for me. Sebastian just always makes things better, and I don't know how he does it, but he does."

Claire's eyes softened, and right on queue, Sebastian stepped around us and set the bowl of eggs and bacon in front of me.

He winked and moved to gather ones for everyone else.

He's so sweet.

"Hey!" Chris said then. "What the hell? I called first dibs!"

Sebastian spared him a glance. "She almost died last night, she tops first dibs."

"Just for that," Neveah said, smirking, "give him it last."

Chris shoved her away. "Don't listen to that brat."

Neveah laughed and walked over to us, sitting on the booth on my other side as Chris followed.

Sebastian finally shoved bowls to everyone and stepped over to Neveah.

He motioned for her to get up, and she groaned, tipping her head back as she caught her bowl of food and went to the other side of Chris.

Sebastian then sat next to me, smiling softly as I took a bite of my eggs and bacon.

"Good?" he said.

I nodded, cheeks lighting as the beautiful taste burst through me.

He smiled. "Good. I'm glad."

A/N
Thoughts? Checking in!

A/NThoughts? Checking in!