I stared at Sebastian as he slept under me, watching his calm features as he remained asleep

I was planning on leaving, though.

I realized that, well... I wasn't sure if I was really safe or not. I originally agreed that I could go with, so I'd have the chance to find a cure for him, but...

What if... there was no cure?

What if all this was that they were just... connected but Sebastian was still thinking for himself?

He was thinking for himself, though... which made me even more horrified.

If he was thinking for himself, he drugged me willingly.

So something was wrong with him.

And I couldn't stay here for much longer.

I just sighed leaning forward to lightly kiss his forehead, and his breath shuttered a little at the feeling, but I just caught his arm and lowered it to his side.

I then slipped off the bed.

But my arm was caught.

I froze, every part of me stilling.

"Skye," Sebastian said then, "where are you going?"

I remained facing away from him, knowing I wouldn't be able to lie to his face, so I tried not to look at him. "I just need water. I'll be back in two seconds, promise."

He let go of my arm then. "You better be back, or I won't be happy."

I nodded and stood, stepping carefully from the room.

The moment I exited from the doorway, a chill passed through me as the sudden cold swarmed my form. It was freezing, Jesus.

I then stepped out from the room, wincing when my bare feet met the cold, icy floor, but I just continued forward.

I glanced around nervously.

The apartment had stone walls; granite—to be exact. It was like this place had been carved from a rock. The floors were white marble, though, covered in a gloss that reflected the cold easily, and there was barely any light coming from the windows...

Well... the single window carved from the ceiling.

This place looked expensive, though... the pictures on the wall were all professional photographs of nature like oceans in Hawaii and caves in the mountains.

And everything looked so... expensive! Including the stone walls.

How much money did North have?

I assumed this was North's place, and I secretly feared that we were no longer in Washington.

For all I knew, he took me to Colorado and locked me in an apartment deep in the mountains.

But was I really asleep for that long?