Skye

Skye

North slid bullets into his gun as I flipped the hit of my sword in my hand.

After figuring out that Sebastian was taken, North and I snuck out from my bedroom window, and we both ran all the way to Sebastian's mansion.

We entered the training room and North grabbed two guns while slipping bullets in them, while I changed into more... fighting clothes.

After stepping out from the bathroom in my black leggings and T-shirt, I zipped and tied my boots, pulled on a black, leather jacket and zipped it up.

North just gazed up when I scratched my hair back into a ponytail, and he tossed me two small knives and a leg holster.

I caught them, gazing up at him questioningly.

"The leg holster goes on your thigh," he told me, eyes dark. "Put the knives and the dagger in it. Easier access."

I stared at him suspiciously as he zipped up his leather jacket and threw a pack full of weapons over his shoulder.

"Why are you helping me?" I said then.

He glanced over at me, though his expression was unreadable. "He's my brother."

"Don't lie," I said, laughing angrily. "You never cared about him."

North just shook his head. "You don't know me, Skye Frost."

I rolled my eyes and continued fastening the holster over my thigh and slipped my weapons into it.

"Here's the plan," North said as I gazed up. "You use that weapon of yours to destroy all the runes on the walls, and I will enter the house to go get Sebastian."

I stood fully, glaring. "No, I'm not a wimp. I'm coming with you."

North glared back. "I'm not risking you getting hurt for this, Skye."

"And what, you expect me to wait in the car?" I demanded.

"Yes," he replied boldly.

"I'm not a fragile flower!" I yelled.

North just snarled at me. "Skye, you will get yourself killed."

"I've defeated Sebastian in training before," I told him. "I'll be fine."

"And look at Sebastian now!" North said, throwing his hands out. "He's weak! He's been so keen on protecting you, that he completely forgot about himself!"

Something cold struck inside me, but he didn't seem fazed

"Stay in the car, Skye," he told me.

I glared, but he turned to the door and stopped.

Claire, Neveah, and Chris were standing at the door; completely dressed in gear, and weapons trapped in their gear.

"You planning on rescuing Sebastian without us?" Claire said. "That's cruel, North."

"My entire existence is cruel," he replied, shaking his head. "Whatever, we have a five-seating car, but I guess we can stuff Sebastian in the trunk."

He then slipped past all three of them, continuing down the hall, and I gazed up at Claire.

Neveah stared after him. "Asshole."

"I'm not staying in the car," I ordered.

Claire just smiled. "Of course, you're not. I have a plan."

My brows arched.