"Welcome home," Skye said then, shoving her keys into the front door and shoved it open

"Welcome home," Skye said then, shoving her keys into the front door and shoved it open. "Viola."

I smiled a little. "What's with the sarcasm?"

She blinked. "Sarcasm? Nah. I am incapable of sarcasm, Sebastian."

I shook my head in amusement, immediately gazing up when someone stepped up to us from the kitchen.

Skye looked up, as well.

It was just her mom, smiling at me sweetly before looking down at Skye. "Hey, you finally bring him over for a family dinner?"

"Mom, we've already had him over for a family dinner." She rolled her eyes. "And you guys just got home, so chill."

She only smiled at me. "Well, come in, come in. And..." she said as we stepped in the house, "ignore my impatient, angry husband. He's standing in the corner like I told him to."

"Trashing talking Sebastian again?" Skye said as if this was a normal occurrence.

Mom tipped her head to the side, hesitating.

But it answered my question.

"Anyway, we just got back, but... in the mood for anything, Sebastian? Food, drinks, vodka."

"Mom, he's seventeen."

"Oh, right," she replied, making me snicker. "Anyways, make yourself at home. Me and James will go unpack, Toodles."

She then walked off, and I stared at Skye with my brows arched.

"What?" she said, shrugging. "She likes you."

She then stared to the kitchen, and I couldn't help but follow after closing the front door.

"Where's Cheese?" I said then.

Skye gazed up, then blinked. "Oh, when you turned into North's reflection, I had Neveah take him to care of him."

I stared for a moment, stomach twisting. "You knew our plan to take you?"

She shrugged, opening a cabinet and pulling out a box of cereal. "I had a feeling."

I stepped toward her when she poured the cereal into a bowl, and she pulled away when it was full enough, staring up at me when she set the box down. "What?"

"Why did you let me?" I whispered. "Why did you let... him?"

She sighed then, moving to put the box away, and I only watched her. "I... I don't know...." She breathed for a moment. "I guess I just thought I could save you. It was an instinct."

"You did save me," I told her.

"I... I know," she said quietly.

I sighed and stepped over to her then, making her gaze up at me questioningly.