When we parked on Sebastian's driveway, Neveah was already outside the front door, using some torch on the wood of the doorway as Sebastian jumped out from the car

"The hell are you doing?" he demanded.

She spared him an annoyed glance. "Drawing runes to keep North out! Now get inside before he find out what we're doing!"

I quickly caught my backpack as Sebastian ran over to my side and opened the door, helping me out.

We jogged up the steps seconds later.

"Neveah, runes won't deter him," I said, "he's connected to Sebastian."

"Not for long," she replied, burning an archangel rune onto the wall. "Claire set up in the ballroom, so do the ritual before he gets the chance to break in, yeah?"

Sebastian and I glanced at each other before we hurried into the house, leaving the front door open.

"Will that actually keep him out?" I asked him as we jogged around the hall, not even bothering to drop off my stuff as we made it to the ballroom.

"Not now, but once the connection is gone, yeah."

"No, but..." I hesitated, "when we did it before, he was still able to come in the house."

Sebastian smiled at me a little. "She's burning a giant archangel rune on the wall, the strongest runes, so yes, that would keep him out."

I sputtered my lips, mumbling, "Why didn't I think of that?"

He never replied because we entered the room and slowed to a stop.

Claire was standing in the corner, typing on her phone before she gazed up. "Oh, there you are. I was about to text you."

She pushed her phone into the pocket and nodded to the pentagram drawn in the middle of the room.

My eyes widened when I saw it stained a bright red with the chalk she used, and there were small candles set on every edge of the star.

"Okay, in all seriousness, Sebastian, you need to get in that circle now," Claire's eyes darkened, "I just heard that North was spotted running toward here and he's currently in old town. He'd be here in less than two minutes."

Sebastian's hand slipped from mine then, and he stepped forward into the circle, and I watched worridly as he entered the pentagram.

"How did you know that?" I asked her carefully.

She glanced up and smiled at me. "I have my ways."

I gazed back over at Sebastian as he lowered himself to his knees in the pentagram, he gave me a soft smile.

Claire just stepped to the bottom of the pentagram, eyes glowing in the darkness as she raised her hands.

"Speculum nigrum," she chanted, "in pariete. Non opus est quaerere. Ego maxime eruditionis habes ex omnibus illis. Ignis spiro. Quocumque iero. Cur igitur mecum esses, tantum casus relinquo. Nullo tempore, tu melius curre."