【𝐒】𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎
The Rebel of the Savannah
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Classes went on as usual with Professor Trein having his usual discussion about History and Nigel's Music and Arts. Everything went smoothly as you expected, you've learned and understood some things that you needed to know.

Except for Grim's stubborn attitude that he'd often doze off. With Ace who would argue with the said cat-like creature, purposely riling him up for fun.

Before you knew it, the bell had already rung and it was lunchtime. You packed your things in your leather bag after History class had ended, spotting a small pile of documents inside.

You slung the leather strap over your shoulder, and approached your friends who were talking in the doorway while waiting for you.

"I still have to submit some documents to Headmaster Crowley's office, you guys go ahead."

"The Headmaster is giving you file work?" Deuce asked with surprise and worry from the way he looked at you.

"Yeah! It's annoying that the Headmaster would give him some troublesome work." An upset Grim complained, huffing. "I can't even eat my tuna if [m.name]'s busy to open it!"

"Well, I have to at least help to earn a living. This work alone already provided many things for survival." You said without your grin faltering in the slightest bit.

"Geez, you don't have to submit what he always asks you to, [m.name]." Ace shook his head, sighing. "That guy won't stop being dependent on you."

Then there was a rumble that almost made you laugh. Flushing, he continued. "But we'll save you a seat in the cafeteria, I'm hungry so don't take too long."

"Yeah! I'm starving!" Grim chimed.

You nodded. "I'll see you guys then."

You watched Ace and Grim leave through the hallways when you noticed Deuce's presence was still standing beside you. He was staring for a while and you can find a hint of concern in his eyes.

"You should go too, y'know." You say.

He sighs. "Make sure to come for lunch after you're done, remember that you have to take care of yourself too, [m.name]."

For some reason, you stiffened from his words that goes unnoticed.

His hand placed itself on your shoulder, giving it a small pat. He had a small frown on his lips and his eyes furrowed ever so slightly. You already knew his concerns. He somehow couldn't erase the memory of you hunched over your back with an unpleasant look on your face, your breathing staggered and your eyes remaining unfocused. Almost as if someone had stolen the air out of your lungs.

You rarely lose composure, after all.

Because of that, ever since the Overblot incident the first year always had his handkerchief tucked inside his blazer. In case it was direly needed by you.

How amusing to see him concerned like this, even Ace who shows his concern through his aggressiveness, nagging you if he has the chance. You didn't even know if he had something against you or just worried. But you knew best that you're worth nothing to be worried over. Yet you appreciate their gestures nonetheless.