【𝐒】𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

• 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 •
The Rebel of the Savannah
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You heaved a short breath and jotted down words onto your homework that's due tomorrow whilst Grim sat right beside you, eating one of his prized tuna in bliss. It has already been an hour since you both returned to the dorm after hours of the ongoing process of the investigation. Interrogating the list of students in the record, yet you unfortunately haven't found any of the information useful.

Although, recalling back, there is one odd thing they have said in particular and you became rather suspicious of their claims.

"As if my body moved on its own..."

With that, you thought it would be best to retreat back to Ramshackle in the meantime. Since you have homework to do and also, Grim's hungry.

The grip you have on your pen tightened and eyes narrowed down to the paper. You couldn't shake off the feeling of dread that lingered on your stomach. It was indeed strange to even think about bodies moving on their own. Your eyes stared distantly at the infirmary records near you, reading the list of dorms that were written in the records. Heartslabyul, Octavinelle, Scarabia, and Pomefiore.

It's understandable when it comes to the Ignihyde Dorm, they rarely get out and you barely see any of them around campus but how odd. You haven't seen any injured students yet from the dorms of Savanaclaw and Diasomnia.

For what you've heard, Diasomnia seems to have the prodigy player being the Dorm Leader himself. Meanwhile the Dorm Leader of Savanaclaw is the captain of the Magic Shift Club.

Did the perpetrator save them for last perhaps? But what for?

Questions, questions, so many questions. Your curiosity will learn to outgrow you sooner or later. And it was getting a bit irritating that you can't focus on the textbook of basic lessons about Twisted Wonderland that Professor Trein gave you.

"This won't do..." Sighing, you suddenly sat up from the soft couch and grabbed the textbook along with the records. The homework has already been done, but you couldn't focus on reading when thoughts of the incidents were preoccupying your mind. And you just wanted to read in peace.

You turned to your busy, glutton of a companion. "Grim, I'll be back before dinner. Find me in the library if you ever need me... Behave yourself!"

With that, you didn't even give the feline the moment to say something back when you already bolted outside the dorm as you even forgot to grab your jacket. Oh, well. Nevertheless, you let your feet take you to wherever you go, changing your course by the last minute. Instead in the library, you let your feet guide you to the hallway stairs where you found the two Heartslabyul students days ago.

Maybe... you could interrogate someone who's always in the scene, unmoving. Perhaps they have something important to tell about the incidents.

You took a brief shortcut and immediately arrived at the said halls thanks to your hurried pace. Students passed by you and you let yourself breathe for a moment. Your eyes scanned the corridors with concentration and you immediately spotted a painting.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

Grinning, you approached it to see a woman with a fan in it, she was wearing a pink dress and her brown locks curled up to her round face beautifully. It looked similar to the vintage paintings you often see in historical movies. And she seems to notice you when her eyes accidentally darted to yours.

You grinned further, and rather charmingly. "Good afternoon, mademoiselle." You greeted with a small bow.

The woman seemed to gleam in interest at the mention of the nickname and fanned herself that covered half of her lower face. She was rather flattered by your charming approach and got interested in your intentions. It's not-so often for students to interact with the paintings in the corridors, as they would often treat them like normal paintings. So it was a surprise to see you, a student, approach her.