【𝐒】𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎
The Rebel of the Savannah
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Afternoon classes went swiftly until they ended and you found yourself in the Headmaster's office once again. By this time, Grim, Ace and Deuce were with you as you all arrived. Greeting Crowley who is in his office as usual, right on his desk sitting behind it. And he greeted your group with a serious look. More serious than what you have seen earlier.

"I see you've all arrived." Crowley said. "I've summoned you all here today for one specific reason."

You crossed your arms. Taking a mental note to write in your journal later after this. "Is it to discuss the incident that happened the other day with Riddle? His Overblot, I mean."

"Precisely." Crowley began, golden talons tapping his gloved palm. "I figured that as fellow magicians, there is a need for you to be fully aware of the consequences that could happen."

"I've heard about it from my brother before, but... I didn't expect that that'd happen during Overblot." Ace had commented and turned to you. "It really was an evil villain in berserker mode, huh."

Somehow, you recalled your recent expeditions in the library on search for books relating to Overblots after searching for a way ʰᵒᵐᵉ. Unfortunately there weren't any books that were useful while you strolled through the aisles of the History of Magic. You couldn't help but let your curiosity grow when you couldn't find anything more about it.

You tilted your head. "The question is, what does Blot really mean? We already know it comes from one's negative energy leading to the dreadful condition we term, Overblot."

"But I'm sure there's more of it..." You trailed off.

"So eager, aren't we?" Crowley grinned at your curiosity and noticed how in thought you are. "Now, I shall tell you four what it really is."

"Blot is akin to 'wasted material' that accompanies each magic use. Let's take this for example. An automobile needs fuel in order to move, and at the same time it is used, smoke comes out from the exhaust pipe, correct? And for magical energy or perhaps mana..." Your eyes widened midway of Crowley's explanation, his eyes met yours unconsciously.

"...is used, blot occurs at the same time... Would that be easier to understand in that sense?"

"I think I get it now." You said. "So Blot is more likely so the exhaust pipe in magic?"

"Exactly. There have been present and older historical records of research being done about it, however it's still largely a mystery. There is only one thing we are certain of..." Crowley trailed off, eyeing the four of you with those golden hues.

"It is highly toxic and once it is used too much, it can greatly harm one's mind and body." He ended.

Ace then snapped his fingers. "Oh, yeah. I remember my grandma telling me: 'Don't use your magic so willy-nilly if you don't want to Blot!' or something like that?"

Crowley nodded. "Such great powers go hand-in-hand with incomparable risks. Not even the greatest magicians have an unlimited supply of magical energy."

"Well, it's beyond great power that comes with great responsibility after all." You muttered, Crowley nodded in appreciation of your understanding.

Grim wasn't having it though, when he suddenly looked surprised. "In other words, the more you use magic, the more it becomes bad for the body!?"

"Far from what I've seen, everyone will Overblot if that's the case." You said to the feline monster. "So no, maybe not completely."

Crowley placed a finger above his lip. "Perhaps it will be easier to understand if I show you a demonstration rather than just explaining using words." He said and stood from his seat, looking above the office ceiling. He calls out.