His...

I opened our door, and I didn't realize that I have a smile on my face.

"Ang tamis nung ngiti"

"Sis! I thought you'd be late"

"I was actually on the way to your last class today, but I saw Billy waiting outside. So either there's a war or nagkaaminan na. But either way, it's good to see him waiting where you can see him. Rather than those times when he's waiting in secret"

"Ano daw?"

"Bulag po kasi kayo. You thought you're always the one waiting. You didn't know he was waiting all along"

"You knew?"

"Ikaw lang ata ang may hindi alam. Though he looks indecisive at first- don't want to ruin the friendship and all. Hindi rin nakatiis "

"Is that for real?"

"Hindi, Sis! Gawa gawa ko lang"

I think I was smiling like crazy when I felt a throw pillow on my head.

"Aray!"

"Baliw na te! Ang tagal nyong urong sulong ni Billy. Pati ako pinagselosan mo"

I closed my eyes and went to hug her. "You knew?"

"Hindi masyadong obvious. Parang gusto mo lang akong sabunutan tuwing didikit sa akin yung "friend" mo"

"Sorry na... Kasi ang pretty mo tapos parang he's always there to help you"

"Carla Patricia! All I wanted when growing up is to be someone like you. Eh... lampa ako. Anong magagawa ko? He's always been proud of you. Lalo na pag nakikipagsabayan ka kina Chop chop at Budoy... Pero halatang tumitiklop ka pag dating sa kanya"

I didn't know anyone would notice it.
But yeah... I think, Aya is right.
Nawawala yung pagkasiga ko whenever Billy is around.

"I tried to... I mean, when we were growing up, I would try to challenge him and make him know that I could do it, but he'll just look at me and I knew I needed to shut it"

"Nagiging babae pag si Billy na yung kasama", then I saw her grinned, while she's shaking her head.

———
Aya and I have talked for an hour before we both decided to resign to bed.

I saw her kept on checking her phone so I knew she's waiting for a call or a text. I wanted to do the same, pero I was not sure how this thing between Billy and I work. I remember he hated it when he'd received messages and calls from girls before. He'd put it on silent, and the moment we finished talking, he'd take that phone and said something like, "I'm sorry, Babe. I just woke up"

Just woke up mo mukha mo.

I was staring at my phone, willing it to ring. Or Kahit message man lang.
He'll be busy, he said.

Nagiging babae pag si Billy na yung kasama...

Then I remembered what Aya mentioned earlier. But it's true, actually. I can be too stubborn and hard headed, trying to prove that I always can with everyone else, but with him, isang tingin lang, natatahimik ako. He has this kind of authority over me.

I was browsing my socmed, listening to that Christina Perri's song, when I was surprised that my phone rang. I didn't check who it was, but just answered it after a few rings.

"Hm?", I said, no hello at all.

"I miss you, too", I heard the guy said on the other line.

"Oh... hey!", I said, and suddenly, I don't feel sleepy anymore.