Back Again

When that day comes na we see each other again, please be the first one to say "hi!"
Baka kasi mahiya ako.
I hope we won't regret the choices we made today.
Please reach for your dreams, Billy.
Kahit yun lang, masaya na ako.

I was really trying to be strong enough not to cry... because regardless of how hurt and confused and uncertain I was, I am still that four year old kid who doesn't have it in her to break your heart. So I will try... try hard not to cry... until that day that we won't be hurting anymore.

I love you, Billy...
Don't make me wait too long...
Until then...

~P (waiting in/ for the future)~

PS: Ang drama ko...
How I wish that there won't be a time na ...

———

Present Day:

Isabella Espiritu, now Isabela Espiritu Aquino, has just winked at me before she threw the bouquet while everyone else is busy chatting with each other.

The competitive in me immediately moved into action, ran, and jumped to get that flower.
I don't even know why I wanted to get the flowers- I can easily afford to get one, but I just don't want being part of something and not winning it all.

Natalo na ako sa madaming bagay before...
Pati ba naman dito...

I grinned, looked at my best friend, as I took a bow and held the bouquet as if it was a trophy.

I haven't stood up from my curtsied pose when I heard a group of guys, laughing and teasing that one whom I chose not to speak to since the incident last night

He was grinning, his eyes on me, as he readied himself to get the stocking that my best friend's boyfriend, now husband, is about to throw.

I looked at them and before Kiko could take the stocking from Aya, I saw them cheering on Billy and saying something like", It's your turn, Carla. Lucky, your kumpare is back", to which I just scoffed, shook my head, and smirked at that guy's confident grin.

I looked at him and with raised eyebrows, I said, "Why would Billy be part of this, "being Carla's turn"? This is five years too late, don't you think? And isa pa, may boyfriend ako", and there I saw how his face transformed from that boy next door, campus crush ng bayan, to that pikon-and-willing-na-manakit Billy.

"You still definitely knew how to make me mad, Patricia"

"Me? Making you mad? Like I actually give an actual f*ck?"

"You don't have a boyfriend. And watch your mouth"

"Says who? Si Budoy and Chop Chop, which I'm quite certain your conversations won't even make past "how's Carla" because those two would rather be drunk than spill anything about me? Or yung friend mo na busy sa pag-asikaso ng kasal nya? Why do I even bother to explain? Who wants the flower? Wala na akong gana"

I was about to turn around when I heard the commotion and those guys clapping at that guy's back.

——-
Seven days ago:

My plane has just landed in Manila.
The pilot is still doing some announcement, but almost everyone is already dying to alight the plane.

I have always been puzzled by that- I mean makakababa and makakauwi din naman ang lahat, bakit kailangan nagmamadali sa pagbaba?

Siguro, that's really how it is when you haven't been home for long and you longed to finally be with someone you loved.
Home... where is home nga ba?